Surface Book 2 Warm While Off and in Bag?

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I just took out my Surface book 2 from my bag to find that it was very warm bordering hot. I had turned it off before I had put it in the bag and it was still off but incredibly warm. This is the only time I can remember it happening.

Has this happened to anyone else recently? What does it mean?

I've read places that the issue could be that the device is turning on in the bag. But mine was still off. I've also read that it could be "the disconnect from the network" option in the power and sleep settings. But I have also always had that selected as "always" disconnect.

Ideas?

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Just turned it on to find burn in on my screen. What?!
c8481f171e0313ea350c9f9c41c57fbd.jpg
123af02c7827a2dd028e40459f9c7852.jpg

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
When I had a Surface Book I had this happen (getting warm - not the burn in). It happened for me when I closed the laptop before I confirmed that it had fully shut off before I put it in my bag. It hadn't fully shut off and the screen was still on. The bag was a big insulator that trapped the heat and luckily it was only an hour or two before I pulled it back out. The laptop was hot and the screen had turned on. I think this is some weird glitch (call me Captain Obvious), but I just wanted to share my experience.

Edit: you said your's was off in the bag - was there any battery left? Did it turn off because the battery drained fully?

Last edited:

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
It sounds like perhaps it hadn't fully turned off. Maybe you shut it down, closed the lid and put it in your bag, but some app prevented it from shutting down properly. As for the burn in, you need to take it back to MS to get looked at.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99