Slower than slow

Blackbeagle

May 13, 2018
Visit site
So last Friday, I restarted my SB2. It never booted to Windows. I tried different fixes and repairs, but it still looped and never booted. So I took it to the MS store and they reinstalled Windows 10 and did all updates. Well I get it back and today I took it back to work to install all my apps. I can't even do that because it's so darn slow. The first thing was to install Chrome as my browser. I can't even do that. "Page not found" every time. I am connected to my office Wifi. Nothing worked. Even downloading things from the Play Store would leave error messages. I go home and connect to my home network and still nothing.

It's slower than molasses. Web pages don't display. Nothing works. I am wondering if it's a settings somewhere. Because right now, this thing is unusable. Any suggestions outside of taking it back to Microsoft?

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Is it only WiFi/internet that's slow? Have you tried copying files to/from a network drive at work? How's navigating around the OS, going in and out of settings, and apps that don't require internet access? If copying files across the network is slow but the other stuff is fine, then try disabling WiFi and connecting to your work or home network via a cable. You'll need a USB to Ethernet adapter which is $10 to $20 online, but probably more in a store like Best Buy. Your work IT may have one so ask them first. If everything is fine hardwired to the network, then it's the WiFi, either a driver problem or the adapter. Since you did a reinstall of Windows, sounds like it's the adapter. Regardless, if it's still under warranty, then go back to the MS store and see if they'll get you a replacement.

Blackbeagle

May 13, 2018
Visit site
So the problem has been solved. Part of the problem was Edge. I wish I can delete this worthless program. On my work's network, I used Edge for just simple stuff. The first thing was to go to Google Chrome and download Chrome. I couldn't even do that. Page can't be displayed, etc. I can't even download Speedtest from the Store to test network speed. My phone is on my company's guest network and picks up about 35mbps. So finally, I took it home and hooked up to my home network and it finally worked. Once I downloaded Chrome, everything was back to normal. On Edge, I couldn't even go on MSN.com, ESPN.com, Nothing. Edge sucks. Will never use it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786