Surface extremely lagging, need screen part, build my on pc

James_dennisiii2

Jun 13, 2020
Visit site
Good morning:

I've recently grown incessantly iij impatient with my Surface Pro X model 1879's constant lag, crashing while using it for my Insurance Agency: I'm in a wheelchair so I technology helps me lighten my suitcase, especially the surface, from hundreds of pages of paperwork I or my clients would either have to print, sign/correct, then scan those same documents (praying that a 20 page scan job doesn't jam and start over) etc. The surface makes everything from productivity to just easing my everyday life in a chair while traveling from business to business, servicing my accounts claims etc.

However. There could be multiple pdf files I have to fill out on the tablet then combine them all with Adobe Acrobat Pro. Obviously I've never done more than 30 pages (open30 different pdf files then combine them all in adobe etc) sometimes I have to run Edge at the same time to copy and paste, my outlook program is running and all of a sudden everything slows to a crawl, crashes, or the newest thing that's started, is when i get home to my "workstation" an Acer & LG Monitor, one of the monitors are plugged In using a Single Usb-HDMI Jc5 Creat cable and my latest great find, a
HyperDrive - Ultimate 11-Port USB-C Hub - Space Gray that has a Logtech Unifying Reciever and the Acer Monitor plugged into it. Connecting to that is my Logitech - K800 Wireless Illuminated Keyboard - Black & Logitech Triathlon M720 MOUSE

Just booting up everything starts going ok with everything running. then all of a sudden my mouse starts lagging. Keyboard as well. Then all of my programs screech to a halt.

I know that was long winded, but I have no damn clue what's going on. Besides the fact too many programs running on the surface. Maybe you all would know/have a suggestion for those lagging issues once all connected to the monitor.

With all that being said. I decided I wanted to build my own damn computer. lol. I have no clue what I'm doing. What parts to buy etc. All i know i made a command decision and bought a
NZXT H510i - CA-H510i-BR - Compact ATX Mid-Tower PC Gaming Case - Front I/O USB Type-C Port - Vertical GPU Mount - Tempered Glass Side Panel - Integrated RGB Lighting - Black/Red

Can you guys steer me in the right direction of what I need to purchase, from processors, ram, motherboards etc to not just handle the File editing and business work but also high level FPS gaming? If it's one or the other, or more Importantly more expensive than the other, I still MUST HAVE the the ability to flawlessly conduct business. I'll build the gaming pc later.

I apologize if I sound stupid, crazy, or too wordy explaining everything. You have to understand technology makes my life so much simpler and the only way I know to get my Full & Complete Diagnoses of any problem is to explain what's going on in excruciating detail.

Look forward to hearing from you all.

James Dennis, III
Aflac District Manager
4661 W Park Ave Ste A
P. 985.414.9551

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note10+, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200613-023906_Edge.jpg
    Screenshot_20200613-023906_Edge.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 1

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
It sounds like your use case isn't a great fit for the Pro X and you may be trying to make it into something it's not: a workhorse laptop that transforms into a workhorse desktop with lots of external devices, all while primarily running Win32 apps. The Surface Book 2 or 3, or a regular Pro may be a better fit if you want one device. As to building your own PC, the WC "how to build your own PC" article from a couple of months ago is a good start.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6