Surface Book 3 Battery life

ajansari

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
I got my Surface Book 3 15" (i7, 16GB, 256 GB storage) a few weeks ago, and it's mostly hooked up to my docking station at work. But the few times I've used it at home, I notice that I get NOWHERE close to the advertised 15+ hours of battery life. For instance, today, I got less than 6 hours on a full charge on one of the middle battery settings. We're a consulting firm, so I'm pretty much running Outlook, Teams, a few browser windows and joining calls on Teams, Zoom, GoToMeeting / GoToWebinar, etc. Some calls use video and others don't.

Frankly, I'm quite frustrated, because I used to get about the same or just a little less on my first gen Surface Laptop, which has a much smaller battery AND is considerably older (from 2018?).

How has the battery experience been for others here?

anon(5327127)

May 25, 2011
Visit site
You have a machine featuring a quad i7 and nVidia gpu. Make sure that yuo're only using the intel gpu etc. 15+ hours is under absolute ideal circumstances, playing media. It in no way, shape or form, can be referenced towards day to day activities.

Plus, using video conferencing that's constantly connected and waiting, will reduce your battery life.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs