Finally, a gaming handheld from Microsoft (sorta?)

Jez Corden

Staff member
Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Half way through the reveal of the Surface Phone, ahem, Surface Duo video, you can see them running Forza through Project xCloud. This is truly exciting for me. Can you see yourself gaming on this thing?

wolfpack219

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
Did you know about this Jez? I want to say you were surprised as I've heard you say time and time again that no phone devices were in Microsoft's future lol. I am stoked for this. I'm glad it's running Android for now as it's the only way to do it and make it stick initially. However, I'm hoping if it can become popular enough that a windows 10x version or something like it may become available at some point in the future.

jrealtor1

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
I am so stoked! I still have my lumia 930! Finally I will give it its proper burial:) Microsoft finally completed the ecosystem! Now they have set the complete standard. Surface Duo and spanning all the way to Surface Hub and to XCloud. One ecosystem with devices and services! Finally!!!!

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
What is funny is this is marketed as a business home use bridge device. Not a consumer media/gaming device. Let's see what else they drop in 2020 :)

Eric Walles

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
The UI It looks like a lot like the surface Neo, it might be a android fork flavored like windows 10X? but it also sayis that it will run microsoft store apps, i will be a reverse astoria? any way looks awsome

Jamie Brahm

Sep 4, 2019
Visit site
Yeah xcloud would certainly be nice. Perfectly timed for that, and as much gaming intergration as they can give it, is somethe MS should definatetly lean into.

However I do have an issue with touch controls on games. I prefer hard keys. Be awesome if they had something like the keyboard on the neo, but for gaming (a flip over magnetic gaming pad). If they could do this it would still be more portable than any current mobile gaming console.

Jamie Brahm

Sep 4, 2019
Visit site
The UI It looks like a lot like the surface Neo, it might be a android fork flavored like windows 10X? but it also sayis that it will run microsoft store apps, i will be a reverse astoria? any way looks awsome

Please tell me where you found this, because THAT would be awesome. Maybe they are baking in windows on arm emulation? Oh, please make that true!

justjun555

Dec 29, 2017
Visit site
was watching some of the YouTube videos on gaming on LG's dual screen device with second screen acting as customizable virtual gampad & it was awesome.
not only that with dual screen you can game as well as watch sports or media at the same time.

Just hope that Microsoft manage to put decent size of battery & good thermal design in such a slim device.

Last edited:

Lobo Technician

Oct 3, 2017
Visit site
This device looks amazing, I love the 360 fold, though lacks the pleasing aesthetic of having one fordable screen from to to bottom. I never thought MS would go with Android, but must admit, it is the only sensible solution, since Android is to mobile what Windows was to PC in the 90's.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
was watching some of the YouTube videos on gaming on LG's dual screen device with second screen acting as customizable virtual gampad & it was awesome.
not only that with dual screen you can game as well as watch sports or media at the same time.

Just hope that Microsoft manage to put decent size of battery & good thermal design in such a slim device.

What you described is how Nintendo engineered the 3DS console. I expect the Duo to work in a similar fashion.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans