Surface Duo waiting thread

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Haven't done this since the last W10M device launch.
I have a retail pre-order in as well as a demo unit pre-order through our distributor. I expect that wont arrive for some time.
This thread is to track pre-orders as they begin shipping. Hopefully some people will post their unboxing experience as well.
September 10th I believe is the expected pre-order ship date. Unfortunately, US only until 2021.
I'm not a big fan of in-ear buds so I will stick with my car's Android Auto. I'm planning on using my Fitbit Versa 2 watch for NFC. I can deal with the no wireless charging. I'm sure someone will make a charging stand.
If you pre-ordered a Surface Duo, tell us here. I'm excited to try a new piece of Microsoft Surface hardware.
Are you planning on purchasing a Surface Duo?

Attachments

• surface-duo-press-girl-dark.jpg
    surface-duo-press-girl-dark.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 9

brau0303

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Have one pre-ordered, I will likely use my Galaxy Buds with it and have a hands free system in the vehicle. I may use my Galaxy watch tor some extended functionality and for me - No Wireless charging or NFC is not a problem.

Cheers,
BR

alodar101

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Haven't done this since the last W10M device launch.
I have a retail pre-order in as well as a demo unit pre-order through our distributor. I expect that wont arrive for some time.
This thread is to track pre-orders as they begin shipping. Hopefully some people will post their unboxing experience as well.
September 10th I believe is the expected pre-order ship date. Unfortunately, US only until 2021.
I'm not a big fan of in-ear buds so I will stick with my car's Android Auto. I'm planning on using my Fitbit Versa 2 watch for NFC. I can deal with the no wireless charging. I'm sure someone will make a charging stand.
If you pre-ordered a Surface Duo, tell us here. I'm excited to try a new piece of Microsoft Surface hardware.
Are you planning on purchasing a Surface Duo?

alodar101

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Waiting with baited breath for the Duo. I don't know what to expect. Have visited best buy and demoed the thing several times. Pretty exciting. Sept. 10th!!!

Dan12R

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I have a pre-order in with Microsoft and I'm expecting news on it shipping quite soon. If physical Microsoft Stores were still a thing, I'd be camping out at my nearest one to get it immediately. Alas, that's not the case anymore.

I do plan on returning to doing a lot of product news and support like I did back in the days on Windows Phone. I'm already lining up a series of how-to guides once I get my hands on it. This includes an unboxing, first impressions, and more.

nycny

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
Today Sep 8. Ordered Surface Duo 256G MS Store Aug 19, my bank statement on about Thursday or Friday last week showed the charge had been applied. Yesterday Sep 7 statement indicated charge applied Sep 8? Also ordered Slim Pen last week got a FedEx tracking number for delivery Sep 10. Not FedEx shipping information for Surface Duo yet. Two days for expected delivery and no update at MS Store yet.

Joshua Fisher2

Sep 8, 2020
Visit site
Has anyone else heard there will be delays for pre-orders. That they don't plan to ship until Sept 10 for pre-orders!! Their customer service is horrible. I am serious rethinking about this phone. Kind of defeats the purpose of pre-ordering if you don't get the device on release date!!!

Joshua Fisher2

Sep 8, 2020
Visit site
Have u gotten a ship date yet. I just got off the phone with Microsoft saying they want ship until the day of the release date. Whats the point of preordering. They are telling me it will be next week. I hope this is not true.

eallan

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Nothing seems to have moved for me, order status still says "expected delivery 9/10." Would be pretty lame if it didn't ship until the 10th.

brau0303

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Nothing seems to have moved for me, order status still says "expected delivery 9/10." Would be pretty lame if it didn't ship until the 10th.

Yah, That would not be a good thing.. And would make pre-ordering to have been a bit pointless.

Cheers,
BR

brau0303

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Looks like mine isn't going to make it on the 10th. Order is still saying In Progress. Bummer.

If it is processed and goes out "Overnight" it could still make the 10th delivery date. I am a bit surprised at the late shipping of these but it's very early in the day. Plenty of time for this to happen.. (I don't know about all of these devices, AT&T seems to be shipping "Standard Overnight" from a TX location).

Cheers,
BR

Dan12R

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I received my notification that it has "shipped." Tracking number shows it's scheduled to arrive tomorrow.

In my experience, with pre-orders, Microsoft tends to ship next day air. I've yet to have a device fail to arrive on release day.

Be patient. They have effectively until the end of business today to get your device to FedEx for NDA shipping.

One other point: I have had cases where my "Your order has shipped" email came well after it shipped. When I got the Surface Earbuds, I had them in my hand before that email hit my inbox. This isn't common but possible. If you're concerned, you should be able to go to the email you received when you placed your order. There's a link there "View or manage your order." That will take you to all of your orders. Scroll down to the day you placed your pre-order. It'll show the status. Again though, keep in mind that they have until the end of business today to get your order on a FedEx truck for next day delivery for tomorrow.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Apparently AT&T is dropping the ball. The model I ordered is now on back order, according to an XDA member who called AT&T. I preordered the 256Gb model the day after orders went live. Way to go, AT&T.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb