Duo Start Screens

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Update. Getting closer to my long term setup. Still haven't found the app pairings that are going to be helpful for me.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-09-14 at 7.34.20 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-09-14 at 7.34.20 PM.jpeg
    102 KB · Views: 12

DavidBS1989

Mar 21, 2018
Visit site
It's possible. But other launchers have not been optimized for the Duo's dualdisplays like the default Microsoft Launcher has. So it'd just look like a weird mess.

Thanks for the info. I'll try anyway, I love the simple and smooth UI that the squares theme give. I hate all iconos and colours in my screen.

Psydotek

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Wallpaper is the Horsehead and Orion Nebula. From David Lindemann via https://apod.nasa.gov

Time, weather, calendar, e-mail, search, and OneNote on the left. I came directly from a Lumia Icon with Windows Phone 10 so this setup feels similar to the live tile setup I had there with weather and outlook right in the middle to glance over.

On the right...

1st row: People and communication
2nd row: Picture and file management
3rd row: Twitter and news feeds
4th row: Mapping
5th row: Misc stuff to readily accessible.

Bottom row:
Camera on the far left to open the viewfinder on the left screen while I fold the right screen down to take a picture. Less fiddling to do. However, you may want to put it on the right side if you mostly take selfies.

Calender and Outlook, a little redundant, but it lets me open them up regardless of what screen I'm on.

Phone and messaging on the right since that's the side I usually use them.

Web browser in the last spot because I like having it readily available.

Lastly, there's a 3rd page not shown with apps that I don't want getting lost in the app drawer. If they're not out on a main screen somewhere I have a tendency to forget I have them especially when I might need them.

Attachments

• Phone Home screen.jpg
    Phone Home screen.jpg
    270.3 KB · Views: 10

Kaliaspaz

Oct 4, 2020
Visit site
Screenshot_20201004-124923.jpg
Screenshot_20201004-124253.jpg

I hope this works. Here is my Lockscreen and Homescreen. I am thoroughly enjoying this device and cannot wait to make more words with everyone about it!

Kaliaspaz

Oct 4, 2020
Visit site
Oooo! Widgets! Time to go playing around with those! I hadn't thought to check them since I didn't use them much on the android, but it looks nice the way you have them set up.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Where can you find wallpapers for this phone that fit the correct aspect ratio?

I've found that the Surface Pro X has the exact same aspect ratio, so I pull wallpapers from wallpaperhub.app and select the Pro X as the download size. Michael Gillett does a really good job keeping it updated with new and cool wallpapers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarianKlux