Constant dropped calls and Bluetooth issues

fatstoge

Sep 4, 2020
Visit site
First of all let me say, I absolutely love this device and within a day, it just felt natural. I can't ever go back.

With that said, at first I was randomly dropping calls and thought maybe I'm still not used to the screen and my face maybe hitting a button, but I was just on a call with a client and it was constantly dropping the call, sometimes after 3 seconds. Even on speaker. The only time I think it didn't do it is if I have the phone opened in tablet mode. You would think I can just use bluetooth, but even when it shows connected for calls, the phone call always only goes through the phone itself. I thought may be because I had multiple bluetooth devices paired, but even after disconnecting them (and "Forgetting", I still had the same issue and even reconnecting to another device I just disabled. Anyone else experiencing these issues? I am on Verizon, CDMA-Less and they used the sim from my old phone instead of a new one, if that matters.

Thinkbusiness

Sep 19, 2020
Visit site
Also experiencing dropped calls... is there actually a proximity sensor in the phone that shuts down the screen when bringing it close to your ear? It seems like (sometimes) the screen just stays on...

Polychrome

May 15, 2011
Visit site
The phone is not able to hand off to or otherwise use 1xRTT. So it may not work in some areas the previous phone did. That said, 1x is going away at the end of the year, so it won't matter much all that soon. This *might* cause drops in places there were not before, but there is not much that can be done about that. You may as well enjoy the duo.

Do the calls appear to "keep going" but you lose audio entirely? Just trying to get a feel for this.

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I have this same issue. I posted on the Microsoft forum with some things to try: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...s/77367b93-a940-4473-978b-d1cf73a888d1?auth=1

For me, going into the setup menu from the dialer (using *#*#4636#*#*) and setting the preferred network setting seemed to help. Before, my calls would drop anywhere from 3 seconds to 1 minute into the call. I have the unlocked model using my AT&T sim I pulled out of my other phone.

I ordered one from AT&T to see if it behaves any different.

TabletWriter

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same problem on T-Mobile. I called Surface Duo support and the rep said they were aware of the problem on Verizon and T-Mobile and they were working on it. She said they believe it's a carrier issue and not a Surface Duo issue, but only time will tell. When I asked how long they've been aware of the problem she said "a week", but at this time, there's no ETA on a fix.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb