Nintendo 3DS emulator for the Surface Duo!

dirtyvu

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Wanted to show you guys a clip of me playing Super Monkeyball 3D on my Surface Duo!

Runs wonderfully. You can tell the developer didn't put any work specific for the Surface Duo. But touchscreen works great! I don't even use the virtual buttons but the real 3DS screen buttons.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for sharing.

Hopefully the developer optimises the screen placement at some point as it appears that's all it's needed.

Polychrome

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Seeing as Microsoft and Nintendo get along fairly well, I wonder if they can be convinced to come up with an official solution?

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
This is funny seeing as the Duo looks so much like a 3DS. Nintendo recently announced that the 3DS has reached EOL. So they may be okay with stuff like this.

dirtyvu

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
After I posted the video, I got comments saying I should try a different fork of Citra that let's me tweak how the screen is shown. so that I can have the correct split. The version of Citra on the Play Store doesn't have much customizability. However, I haven't tried it yet because I don't know who is managing this fork. you download it outside the Play Store and the page that is hosting it is so sparse and shady that I'm scared of trying it out.

The Surface Duo is just so fun as an emulator machine because now you have 2 roomy screens so you don't have to have the controls cramped over the game playing area.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3