I'm sure others of you have noticed the slight discoloration that happens around the power button and volume rocker. It's a bit of a yellowish orangeish tint. I know i've heard the same thing from other reviewers, including Daniel Rubino.

Anyone have any ideas on how to clean it? Or is it just a forgone conclusion that it's stained? First gen product problems, for sure.
    09-22-2020 09:19 AM
    I believe the discoloration is going to happen to any light colored rubber or similar material. I would have preferred a darker color (Something like the slate colored Surface Buds could have been nice)

Cheers,
    BR
    09-22-2020 09:35 AM
    No, but I keep the bumper on. And this may be why it was included.
    09-22-2020 10:59 AM
    No, but I keep the bumper on. And this may be why it was included.
    Pretty sure that's not the reason why and the white bumper would discolor just as bad.
    09-22-2020 12:42 PM
    It's possible the bumper would help a little bit. I'm fairly certain the discoloration is from pockets. So it may give a little space between the pocket liner and the buttons. But, i agree, the discoloration is inevitable for anyone who keeps the Duo in their pockets.

I've tried rubbing it down with a dry microfiber cloth, but that didn't make a difference. I may try a small amount of soapy water soon. Last ditch effort would be isopropyl alcohol, but I wouldn't want to damage the rubber. So I'm not rushing to that.
    09-22-2020 01:52 PM
    It's possible the bumper would help a little bit. I'm fairly certain the discoloration is from pockets. So it may give a little space between the pocket liner and the buttons. But, i agree, the discoloration is inevitable for anyone who keeps the Duo in their pockets.

I've tried rubbing it down with a dry microfiber cloth, but that didn't make a difference. I may try a small amount of soapy water soon. Last ditch effort would be isopropyl alcohol, but I wouldn't want to damage the rubber. So I'm not rushing to that.
    Definitely staining from my blue jeans. I don't have the bumper because I'm not a fan of it but this staining is making me think otherwise. The whole white edge is a stain magnet. I really wish that MS made a black variant. I must really like this phone to ordeal the horrible white edges on this phone.
    09-22-2020 03:21 PM