Microsoft Teams On Duo - Help Needed

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
I take many of my office calls on the Duo. We use MS Teams for that, and most of the times in the meetings, the video is on for most participants and so is some sort of slide sharing. i usually have Teams spanned across both the screens. Even though I have it spanned, both the video and the presentation always appear only on one screen and I have to toggle between these to maximize, i.e., when I maximize the presentation, the video windows of the participants are minimized on the same screen as the presentation and vice-versa. I would like to have the video windows on one screen and the presentation on the other. Does anyone know if this is possible? If so, what are the settings for that? If not, I am thinking of putting in a change request into MS.

TIA

anon(5884236)

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
I don't think there is a way to do that. Did you find one?

Teams could really use some love for the Duo. Duo is supposed to be a productivity device and Teams is the pinnacle of that for Microsoft. They have an opportunity to let Teams shine and showcase the benefits of both devices.

jnjroach

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I take many of my office calls on the Duo. We use MS Teams for that, and most of the times in the meetings, the video is on for most participants and so is some sort of slide sharing. i usually have Teams spanned across both the screens. Even though I have it spanned, both the video and the presentation always appear only on one screen and I have to toggle between these to maximize, i.e., when I maximize the presentation, the video windows of the participants are minimized on the same screen as the presentation and vice-versa. I would like to have the video windows on one screen and the presentation on the other. Does anyone know if this is possible? If so, what are the settings for that? If not, I am thinking of putting in a change request into MS.

TIA

Are you in Landscape or Portrait Mode? I find if I'm in Portrait Mode it works across both screens which defeats the best viewing experience. It worked like you hoped when I first got the device but one of the updates made it portrait specific

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
Are you in Landscape or Portrait Mode? I find if I'm in Portrait Mode it works across both screens which defeats the best viewing experience. It worked like you hoped when I first got the device but one of the updates made it portrait specific

I am in landscape mode most of the time, as it's easier for me to hold the Duo that way in case I need to jot down notes. Will give it a whirl on the portrait mode and will let you know how it goes.

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
I don't think there is a way to do that. Did you find one?

Teams could really use some love for the Duo. Duo is supposed to be a productivity device and Teams is the pinnacle of that for Microsoft. They have an opportunity to let Teams shine and showcase the benefits of both devices.

I posted this on the MS Answers forums too and am employee of MS has noted it down as product feedback. Hopefully it will make it into Teams sometime :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett