Should I Return New Duo (no warranty)?

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I recently bought a new Duo (sealed) via Amazon that was promoted as being under warranty. I double checked this with the seller before purchasing. It works fine with no problems or major bugs. But when I registered the Duo with my Microsoft account it said that the device was out of the warranty window (April 2022). I got a good deal on it and I bought new for the peace of mind.

I LOVE the device and it suits my needs perfectly tbh. But with all the bugs that "could" come up I'm wondering if wise to keep it (that's why I wanted a warranty)? I realize no one can tell me what to do. Still, many of you have had this device for a while and have a better idea of what I may face. So, penny for your thoughts. Thanks

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I would send it back and try to find a verifiable unit just for peace of mind. any problems you would have with yout present unit would offset the savings on the purchase price. JMHO.

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I would send it back and try to find a verifiable unit just for peace of mind. any problems you would have with yout present unit would offset the savings on the purchase price. JMHO.
Thanks for the advice. I was leaning that direction.

But then I contacted Ms support and provided them with proof of purchase. They fixed my warranty to start on the day of purchase, so now I am good for a year

I'm gonna leave this post up for others to read. Just call be respectful and honest and they'll help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven