01-10-2019 05:30 PM
96 ... 234
tools
    there's so much fail and dis-information in this thread it isn't even funny, you can tell all the mac fanboys in here its laughable! LOL

lets get a few things straight here

1) all you complaining about 64GB not being enough are forgetting one MAJOR thing, you can expand the memory on this thing to 250GB microSD card (or MORE) and set the S. go to save everything to the SD card. Can an iPAd do that? errr NO! my Surface 3 has 64GB and I slapped in a 128GB SD card and I get PLENTY of room!

2) ipads come with LESS ram and storage and the GO has a dedicated GPU so it is much faster than the iPAD but no one is taking that into consideration! so for a measly $100 more your getting double everything! really, your complaining?

3) Best buy has great monthly payment plans for those who are little strapped for cash and can't buy 1 outright, if you cant afford $50-$65 a month, then you won't be able to afford that shiny new iPad either!

4) and for those complaining about the keyboard? ipads don't include them neither but I don't see anyone complaining about that, but when MSFT does it and copies Apple then everybody's panties get in a bunch... again favoritism for apple ... hhmmmm

5) with the S.go you can have full blown Windows 10 and use any peripheral including mouse's and Xbox Joy sticks to do some light gaming and I have read that this does a pretty good job at gaming! lets see you try to run some IOS computer games or programs on the iPad... guess not!

seriously you cant make anyone happy any more, ESPECIALLY MSFT! SHEEESH!

if I didn't have the S3 I would buy the GO in a heart beat at this price point... and I'm even still considering it because its such a great little device! but I'm enjoying my S3 which is slower than the GO! LOL decisions decision decisions
    HeyCori, fatclue_98 and libra89 like this.
    08-12-2018 04:01 PM
    4) and for those complaining about the keyboard? ipads don't include them neither but I don't see anyone complaining about that, but when MSFT does it and copies Apple then everybody's panties get in a bunch... again favoritism for apple ... hhmmmm
    Lest we forget iOS doesn't support pointing devices like a mouse or trackpad so you're always stuck touching the screen for even basic navigation. A more proper comparison would be the new Galaxy Tab S4 but it's $150 more. At least you'd be on a more level-ish playing field as far as peripherals and expansion.
    HeyCori and libra89 like this.
    08-12-2018 04:54 PM
    So what are your feelings on the iPad? 🤣
    08-12-2018 04:55 PM
    So what are your feelings on the iPad?
    they're not as good as the Surface products, guess thats why I'm on a W-I-N-D-O-W-S forum...
    08-12-2018 05:09 PM
    Lest we forget iOS doesn't support pointing devices like a mouse or trackpad so you're always stuck touching the screen for even basic navigation. A more proper comparison would be the new Galaxy Tab S4 but it's $150 more. At least you'd be on a more level-ish playing field as far as peripherals and expansion.
    exactly... but didn't I make that point in (#5) my post? lol

edit: BTW you can connect a portable hard drive via the USB port if your worried about room, at least you don't need to buy a 20$ adapter like you do for the iPad to connect a portable drive...
    08-12-2018 05:15 PM
    they're not as good as the Surface products, guess thats why I'm on a W-I-N-D-O-W-S forum...
    So just to be clear, we can only use devices from one company, correct? And we can only go to that forum, correct. Got it.
    Anyways, I hope it sells well. Won’t be getting one but know people who will.
    08-12-2018 05:22 PM
    So what are your feelings on the iPad? ������
    The iPad is a kicka$$ device, for what it's intended use is. A Volvo station wagon and a Ford F-150 cost about the same but you're not going to haul 4x8 sheets of plywood with the Volvo.

Just because they cost roughly the same doesn't warrant instant comparisons. The iPad, and iOS in general, has better, more polished apps than any OS. But as long as it's used within the confines of iOS. Windows and Android tablets have more functionality especially when it comes to expansion and peripherals.
    TgeekB, HeyCori and libra89 like this.
    08-12-2018 05:28 PM
    exactly... but didn't I make that point in (#5) my post? lol

edit: BTW you can connect a portable hard drive via the USB port if your worried about room, at least you don't need to buy a 20$ adapter like you do for the iPad to connect a portable drive...
    I thought you were referring to expansion and plug-n-play in general.
    08-12-2018 05:31 PM
    So just to be clear, we can only use devices from one company, correct? And we can only go to that forum, correct. Got it.
    Anyways, I hope it sells well. Won’t be getting one but know people who will.
    yeeeaah nice try... putting words in my mouth isn't going to get you any where... anyone can use any device, and go to any forum they want, but lets be honest, you post in here favoring Apple products and perpetuating your distaste for MSFT... anyone with half a brain can see that... also people are coming to a WINDOWS forum and talking all sorts of crap about the Surface products and perpetuating false information is what I dislike... if I went to an APPLE forum and started the same disinformation like whats going on in this thread, they would be bashing me in no time... or at least setting me straight but thats another discussion for another thread, so lets stay on subject, shall we?
    08-12-2018 05:56 PM
    They could have a more expensive model with better CPU for people that need more power in a smaller package.
    08-13-2018 06:55 AM
    I was pretty scathing of the Surface Go, at its announcement, but now I’m not so sure. Over the weekend I revisited my Surface 3 for the first time in over a year. Oops! It took the best part of a day to update, but guess what? It’s not bad at all, and the April update runs well. I’ve used a spare Windows 10 Pro licence and put it to work as a commute tablet and meeting laptop. So I think the improved Sueface Go will be quite good, but I wouldn’t touch the low end model as it’s a little too limited.
    08-13-2018 12:17 PM
    yeeeaah nice try... putting words in my mouth isn't going to get you any where... anyone can use any device, and go to any forum they want, but lets be honest, you post in here favoring Apple products and perpetuating your distaste for MSFT... anyone with half a brain can see that... also people are coming to a WINDOWS forum and talking all sorts of crap about the Surface products and perpetuating false information is what I dislike... if I went to an APPLE forum and started the same disinformation like whats going on in this thread, they would be bashing me in no time... or at least setting me straight but thats another discussion for another thread, so lets stay on subject, shall we?
    We post opinions here. Since I’ve used all OS’s, I think I have a right to post an opinion, just like you. No disdain for Microsoft, I’ve used many of their products and, currently, find Apple does a better job for what I’m looking for. If that changes tomorrow, guess what? I’d switch in a minute because I don’t find it necessary to defend a corporation that’s making billions of dollars. Some people take these products way too seriously.

Too expensive. We’ll see though, the consumers will decide.
    08-13-2018 06:11 PM
    I think the GO is amazing, however the keyboard is too expensive. I really considered picking one up, but after including the cost of keyboard and Windows Pro (I think its $50), I was sort of put off. I picked up a Surface Laptop instead as it worked better in the end with what I needed, I think the GO is a fantastic machine but wish MS priced the device with stock keyboard included at half its cost (i.e. $450 for base with basic keyboard).
    08-13-2018 07:39 PM
    We post opinions here. Since I’ve used all OS’s, I think I have a right to post an opinion, just like you. No disdain for Microsoft, I’ve used many of their products and, currently, find Apple does a better job for what I’m looking for. If that changes tomorrow, guess what? I’d switch in a minute because I don’t find it necessary to defend a corporation that’s making billions of dollars. Some people take these products way too seriously.

Too expensive. We’ll see though, the consumers will decide.
    thats fine, post your opinions , and I will post my opinions , just don't put words in my mouth
    and I will not further this discussion as it is deviating from this thread...
    08-13-2018 08:35 PM
    I think the GO is amazing, however the keyboard is too expensive. I really considered picking one up, but after including the cost of keyboard and Windows Pro (I think its $50), I was sort of put off. I picked up a Surface Laptop instead as it worked better in the end with what I needed, I think the GO is a fantastic machine but wish MS priced the device with stock keyboard included at half its cost (i.e. $450 for base with basic keyboard).
    I'm also holding back on buying one, I went to BB and took my Surface 3 and found out that the KB from my Surface 3 won't work on the S-GO which is a little disappointing to say the least, they changed the connection placing to a wider setting... also my Surface 3 is working just fine for me and the things I wanna do, the only thing is the 2GB ram is MEH! wanted something faster
    08-13-2018 08:41 PM
    If you want to go windows pro then you are probably better with the Surface Pro line anyhow IMO
    08-13-2018 08:46 PM
    Windows Pro is $99.
    08-13-2018 09:09 PM
    bought the higher spec model and alcantera kb for 595 from Best Buy Ebay. That's after taxes. good deal and I love this device.
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    08-14-2018 10:46 PM
    I feel price is too high. The surface go 128gb is priced same as surface pro2017 128 gb. What it really offer by a lower res screen with lower ppi, slower processor and lesser number of ports. Its price should be reduced by 100$
    12-31-2018 12:05 AM
    I feel price is too high. The surface go 128gb is priced same as surface pro2017 128 gb. What it really offer by a lower res screen with lower ppi, slower processor and lesser number of ports. Its price should be reduced by 100$
    Perhaps that is true in international markets?

Here in the US, the Surface Pro 6 128GB starts at $899 while the Surface Go 128GB starts at $599 which is $300 less expensive in favor of the Surface Go.
    01-02-2019 09:38 AM

2) ipads come with LESS ram and storage and the GO has a dedicated GPU so it is much faster than the iPAD but no one is taking that into consideration! so for a measly $100 more your getting double everything! really, your complaining?
    Depends which iPad models you are talking about. The Pros have 4Gb, except the 1.5Tb version which has 6Gb. This equals the base model GO. The GO doesn’t have a dedicated GPU. It uses the Intel 615 which is part of the SOC. Finally the the A10x and A12x used in the most recent iPads will out perform the Intel Gold 4415Y used in the GO by a considerable amount.

With all that said, I have a GO and iPad Pro, and think they are both good products.
    Last edited by madgibbon; 01-11-2019 at 01:13 AM.
    HeyCori, TgeekB and Insti Gator like this.
    01-10-2019 05:30 PM
96 ... 234