Thoughts on the Surface Go price?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I think it’s reasonable, but I also think they really should bundle either the keyboard or pen with it.

That's a great suggestion considering the price point. I wish that they would, but hopefully Best Buy, along with others will do so.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
That's a great suggestion considering the price point. I wish that they would, but hopefully Best Buy, along with others will do so.
Maybe.

Maybe a half off or something offer along with buying one.

Has the Microsoft store ever put an offer like that out there for their Surface products for the pen or type pad cover?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Maybe.

Maybe a half off or something offer along with buying one.

Has the Microsoft store ever put an offer like that out there for their Surface products for the pen or type pad cover?

I don't recall them doing this (I can be wrong though), but I have seen sales on those things separately.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Seems more than reasonable considering their targeted competitor (iPad 9.7) costs just a bit less, isn't a full blown desktop-class tablet and doesn't include a stylus or keyboard either. Even with a keyboard, the iPad can't use a trackpad so there's that too.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Seems more than reasonable considering their targeted competitor (iPad 9.7) costs just a bit less, isn't a full blown desktop-class tablet and doesn't include a stylus or keyboard either. Even with a keyboard, the iPad can't use a trackpad so there's that too.

You're so right. Whoa I totally forgot about the trackpad. That makes such a big difference.

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I would be buying the $550 model and the $100 keyboard cover if I got one. I think $650 is too costly for what this is. I would pay $550 if it included the keyboard cover as well.

covfefe

Banned
Jul 22, 2017
Visit site
They should lease stuff like this so students and low-pay losers can pay a deposit plus a monthly fee... device gets disabled remotely for non-payment. Can return the device at any time (end of study or upgrade), lower lease price for already-leased units.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Keyboard and mouse should've been included or at least half off for the accessories lol, but I understand the move.

Nonetheless it's an attractive price

Kimmo Toivanen

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
If it is good enough for drawing and painting with pen, it may have a chance. At least it would be faster than my hobby laptop with C2 T5600, bigger (though not much wider for Netflix) than 8" Lenovo android tablet and better use (to prevent religious fight: for me) for 399 - or a bit more in eur, but divided over 36 months, if operators take it 🤔 - than any phone 😀

I could swap IR facial sensor for more memory in case OEM manufacturer is listening 😉

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
I think it likely the make next to no profit from the main tablet, and intend to make profits entirely from accessories. As such, if they were bundled it seems likely the main tablet would cost more.

If you want both for cheaper you'll have to wait. Personally I reckon the price is about right. Not everyone needs the all accessories. If you want just the stylus for example, that's much more reasonable an expectation given this device is small enough to not always use it in laptop mode.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
If it is good enough for drawing and painting with pen, it may have a chance. At least it would be faster than my hobby laptop with C2 T5600, bigger (though not much wider for Netflix) than 8" Lenovo android tablet and better use (to prevent religious fight: for me) for 399 - or a bit more in eur, but divided over 36 months, if operators take it ?????? - than any phone ??????

I could swap IR facial sensor for more memory in case OEM manufacturer is listening ??????

Yeah I also couldn't care less about lock features, like fingerprints, facial scanners etc.