Thoughts on the Surface Go price?

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
they're not as good as the Surface products, guess thats why I'm on a W-I-N-D-O-W-S forum... :wink:

So just to be clear, we can only use devices from one company, correct? And we can only go to that forum, correct. Got it.
Anyways, I hope it sells well. Won’t be getting one but know people who will.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
So what are your feelings on the iPad? ������

The iPad is a kicka$$ device, for what it's intended use is. A Volvo station wagon and a Ford F-150 cost about the same but you're not going to haul 4x8 sheets of plywood with the Volvo.

Just because they cost roughly the same doesn't warrant instant comparisons. The iPad, and iOS in general, has better, more polished apps than any OS. But as long as it's used within the confines of iOS. Windows and Android tablets have more functionality especially when it comes to expansion and peripherals.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
exactly... but didn't I make that point in (#5) my post? lol :winktongue:

edit: BTW you can connect a portable hard drive via the USB port if your worried about room, at least you don't need to buy a 20$ adapter like you do for the iPad to connect a portable drive...

I thought you were referring to expansion and plug-n-play in general.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
So just to be clear, we can only use devices from one company, correct? And we can only go to that forum, correct. Got it.
Anyways, I hope it sells well. Won’t be getting one but know people who will.

yeeeaah nice try... putting words in my mouth isn't going to get you any where... anyone can use any device, and go to any forum they want, but lets be honest, you post in here favoring Apple products and perpetuating your distaste for MSFT... anyone with half a brain can see that... also people are coming to a WINDOWS forum and talking all sorts of crap about the Surface products and perpetuating false information is what I dislike... if I went to an APPLE forum and started the same disinformation like whats going on in this thread, they would be bashing me in no time... or at least setting me straight :wink: but thats another discussion for another thread, so lets stay on subject, shall we?

Internaut

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
I was pretty scathing of the Surface Go, at its announcement, but now I’m not so sure. Over the weekend I revisited my Surface 3 for the first time in over a year. Oops! It took the best part of a day to update, but guess what? It’s not bad at all, and the April update runs well. I’ve used a spare Windows 10 Pro licence and put it to work as a commute tablet and meeting laptop. So I think the improved Sueface Go will be quite good, but I wouldn’t touch the low end model as it’s a little too limited.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
yeeeaah nice try... putting words in my mouth isn't going to get you any where... anyone can use any device, and go to any forum they want, but lets be honest, you post in here favoring Apple products and perpetuating your distaste for MSFT... anyone with half a brain can see that... also people are coming to a WINDOWS forum and talking all sorts of crap about the Surface products and perpetuating false information is what I dislike... if I went to an APPLE forum and started the same disinformation like whats going on in this thread, they would be bashing me in no time... or at least setting me straight :wink: but thats another discussion for another thread, so lets stay on subject, shall we?

We post opinions here. Since I’ve used all OS’s, I think I have a right to post an opinion, just like you. No disdain for Microsoft, I’ve used many of their products and, currently, find Apple does a better job for what I’m looking for. If that changes tomorrow, guess what? I’d switch in a minute because I don’t find it necessary to defend a corporation that’s making billions of dollars. Some people take these products way too seriously.

Too expensive. We’ll see though, the consumers will decide.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I think the GO is amazing, however the keyboard is too expensive. I really considered picking one up, but after including the cost of keyboard and Windows Pro (I think its $50), I was sort of put off. I picked up a Surface Laptop instead as it worked better in the end with what I needed, I think the GO is a fantastic machine but wish MS priced the device with stock keyboard included at half its cost (i.e. $450 for base with basic keyboard).

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
We post opinions here. Since I’ve used all OS’s, I think I have a right to post an opinion, just like you. No disdain for Microsoft, I’ve used many of their products and, currently, find Apple does a better job for what I’m looking for. If that changes tomorrow, guess what? I’d switch in a minute because I don’t find it necessary to defend a corporation that’s making billions of dollars. Some people take these products way too seriously.

Too expensive. We’ll see though, the consumers will decide.

thats fine, post your opinions , and I will post my opinions , just don't put words in my mouth :wink:
and I will not further this discussion as it is deviating from this thread... :smile:

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
I think the GO is amazing, however the keyboard is too expensive. I really considered picking one up, but after including the cost of keyboard and Windows Pro (I think its $50), I was sort of put off. I picked up a Surface Laptop instead as it worked better in the end with what I needed, I think the GO is a fantastic machine but wish MS priced the device with stock keyboard included at half its cost (i.e. $450 for base with basic keyboard).

I'm also holding back on buying one, I went to BB and took my Surface 3 and found out that the KB from my Surface 3 won't work on the S-GO which is a little disappointing to say the least, they changed the connection placing to a wider setting... also my Surface 3 is working just fine for me and the things I wanna do, the only thing is the 2GB ram is MEH! wanted something faster

ClintRo

May 28, 2015
Visit site
If you want to go windows pro then you are probably better with the Surface Pro line anyhow IMO

Anil Chandran1

Dec 31, 2018
Visit site
I feel price is too high. The surface go 128gb is priced same as surface pro2017 128 gb. What it really offer by a lower res screen with lower ppi, slower processor and lesser number of ports. Its price should be reduced by 100$

Insti Gator

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I feel price is too high. The surface go 128gb is priced same as surface pro2017 128 gb. What it really offer by a lower res screen with lower ppi, slower processor and lesser number of ports. Its price should be reduced by 100$

Perhaps that is true in international markets?

Here in the US, the Surface Pro 6 128GB starts at $899 while the Surface Go 128GB starts at $599 which is $300 less expensive in favor of the Surface Go.

madgibbon

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
2) ipads come with LESS ram and storage and the GO has a dedicated GPU so it is much faster than the iPAD but no one is taking that into consideration! so for a measly $100 more your getting double everything! really, your complaining?

Depends which iPad models you are talking about. The Pros have 4Gb, except the 1.5Tb version which has 6Gb. This equals the base model GO. The GO doesn’t have a dedicated GPU. It uses the Intel 615 which is part of the SOC. Finally the the A10x and A12x used in the most recent iPads will out perform the Intel Gold 4415Y used in the GO by a considerable amount.

With all that said, I have a GO and iPad Pro, and think they are both good products.

Last edited: