So who has pre ordered a Surface Go?

pkcable

VR Expert
Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Folks,

It's new, it's exciting, so who has pre ordered one? If I had not bought an almost 2000 dollar gaming/VR laptop, I would be seriously getting one of these!

So who bit the bullet?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm holding out for now, but I am very interested. I liked my Surface Pro when I had it but it felt like too much of a computer for me to use as a secondary device (I debated my purchase towards the end of the return period until it just died and made the decision for me, haha). The Surface Go seems like an ideal balance for me.

slbailey1

Sep 3, 2006
Visit site
I am waiting for the LTE, 256gb storage version. But I did order the Accessories (pen, keyboard, mouse) in Burgundy. Next month or September I will get an SD card.

Ryan ODonnell

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I've pre-ordered mine today in the UK! I'll be using it to replace my Lenovo ideapad 110S (budget laptop) as well my original Surface RT & Surface 2 RT.

For those wondering, I went for the 64GB / 4GB RAM model, and will be purchasing the Type Cover in Black at a later date.

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
Had a best buy coupon to spare, and pre-ordered from best buy. They have a great $50 gift card promo going on.

Got the base model. Already have a surface book 2. This will just be a secondary device so thought it was ok going with the base model.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm interested, but I'm holding off until I can try one out in the MS store. Any word on when we might be seeing display models?

Pierre Blackwell

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I am definitely interested but like many have reservations of holding off until I can put my hands on one, not to mention that usually if a new Surface device has been released MSFT will at some point bundle things together (ie type cover and pen) and have "trade-in" deals for those like myself who have been holding off on getting a preplacement for my Surface 3.

kingtigre

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
No LTE, no "Go." Pun completely intended.

Honestly in this day and age, LTE is a must have for a device intended to be on the "Go."

Martin Plamondon

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
No. At that price the keyboard should be included. Specs are too low to justify that price unless the keyboard was included, competition will have better offers, I'll wait.

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
No. At that price the keyboard should be included. Specs are too low to justify that price unless the keyboard was included, competition will have better offers, I'll wait.
I think what they are going with is getting the Surface level craftsmanship at an affordable price. Don't think they necessarily want to be the cheapest out there.

noirsoft

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Were I in the market for such a tablet, would have pre-ordered. I don't really feel the need since I have a 2017 i7 Surface Pro.

LibbyLA

May 20, 2015
Visit site
I have been waiting for a smaller Windows computer for years. My 13" Toshiba Portege is too big. Surface Pro 3 is too big, Surface 3 is too big, Dell 8" Windows tablet is too small. The screen size of the iPad Pro 9.7" and iPad Pro 10.5" are darned near exactly the size I want, but the most important program that I run (a statistical analysis package called SAS) is Windows only. I like my iPads, use them a lot, but can't use them for the class that I teach.

I plan to go to my local Best Buy on release day to touch and feel. However, I'm eligible for the educational discount and our state's tax-free weekend (save 4% state tax) is 8/3-8/4 so I will probably make the hour+ drive to the nearest MS store either Friday or Saturday to take advantage of that, plus there may be some bundle deals.

The configuration I want (8G/128G) with accessories is going to set me back in the neighborhood of $1100 because I'm going to have to get the dock; I have to be able to connect a microphone headset and external video for recording some lectures. I will also need various cables and adapters in addition to the TypeCover and pen, not sure about a mouse yet. I also must upgrade to Windows 10 Pro because the statistics software that I teach and use does not run on the home version.

Based on the measurements listed in the specs, the Go is almost exactly the size of my iPP 9.7 in silicon case with Apple Smart Keyboard, which is a nice size for me. The Go will have a slightly larger footprint because the keyboard has the touchpad.

On the one hand, I wish I weren't planning to spend $1100-1200 for a new toy. OTOH, I once spent in the neighborhood of $6000 on a color VGA Toshiba portable... Yes, I could get an ASUS (got one for my fiancé), but I like the Surface form factor.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)