USB C charging issue

Kida66

Aug 6, 2018
Visit site
Hello Windows community! I’m looking for some help regarding my new Surface Go. It seems like my usb c port is not working but I’m not sure 100%. I brought my surface to work today and realized I forgot my surface charger. I figured I could just use my usb c cable I use to charge my phone.

When I plugged my surface in to charge it using the usb c port it did not register at all. I opened up the battery info in the settings menu and my surface did not show it was connected or charging. I tried several different outlet configurations and 2 different usb c cables.

From what I read on the surface go before I bought it I was under the impression that it could not only charge other usb devices straight from the surface but also receive a charge. Please let me know your knowledge on this issue. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

boozytank

Aug 6, 2018
Visit site
Hello Windows community! I’m looking for some help regarding my new Surface Go. It seems like my usb c port is not working but I’m not sure 100%. I brought my surface to work today and realized I forgot my surface charger. I figured I could just use my usb c cable I use to charge my phone.

When I plugged my surface in to charge it using the usb c port it did not register at all. I opened up the battery info in the settings menu and my surface did not show it was connected or charging. I tried several different outlet configurations and 2 different usb c cables.

From what I read on the surface go before I bought it I was under the impression that it could not only charge other usb devices straight from the surface but also receive a charge. Please let me know your knowledge on this issue. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Is your USB-C charger capable of 29 watts? I'm using a Apple 87 watt charger at work to keep my Surface GO charged.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos