Hello Windows community! I’m looking for some help regarding my new Surface Go. It seems like my usb c port is not working but I’m not sure 100%. I brought my surface to work today and realized I forgot my surface charger. I figured I could just use my usb c cable I use to charge my phone.

When I plugged my surface in to charge it using the usb c port it did not register at all. I opened up the battery info in the settings menu and my surface did not show it was connected or charging. I tried several different outlet configurations and 2 different usb c cables.

From what I read on the surface go before I bought it I was under the impression that it could not only charge other usb devices straight from the surface but also receive a charge. Please let me know your knowledge on this issue. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
    08-06-2018 12:54 PM
    Hello Windows community! I’m looking for some help regarding my new Surface Go. It seems like my usb c port is not working but I’m not sure 100%. I brought my surface to work today and realized I forgot my surface charger. I figured I could just use my usb c cable I use to charge my phone.

When I plugged my surface in to charge it using the usb c port it did not register at all. I opened up the battery info in the settings menu and my surface did not show it was connected or charging. I tried several different outlet configurations and 2 different usb c cables.

From what I read on the surface go before I bought it I was under the impression that it could not only charge other usb devices straight from the surface but also receive a charge. Please let me know your knowledge on this issue. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
    Is your USB-C charger capable of 29 watts? I'm using a Apple 87 watt charger at work to keep my Surface GO charged.
    08-06-2018 01:42 PM