Just bought and missing Network drivers

zigg8272

Aug 11, 2018
Visit site
I just bought a surface go base model and network drivers are missing? Any advice? I already factory restored 2 times, ran troubleshooter and it said drivers were missing. I contacted Microsoft already they told me to reinstall windows from recovery drive... Im trying to avoid this. The surface go is so new drivers aren't available on Microsofts site. Any help or if someone knows where I can find the drivers would be appreciated.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I think it would be best to wait for the official drivers or otherwise return the device and ask for a replacement

zigg8272

Aug 11, 2018
Visit site
thank you, Yeah Its useless for me without internet. and Microsoft has been no help at all. I like it but just can't know how it performs for my needs. My needs are basic web surfing, Netflix, directtv now, and Spotify while I'm at work.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I understand. Weird that MS hasn't been pushing out updates to deal with the issues people have been reporting so far. Might happen on monday?

zigg8272

Aug 11, 2018
Visit site
So I was able to finally get it to work but it took 2 times restoring it. I like the firm factor hate the performance. I wasn't even doing anything and it lagged on me. I bought this knowing limitations and planned around that. being this wasn't going to be a primary device I didn't care about losing some things. The other issue I had is I used face unlock and pin, after I updated it locked me out to the point I couldn't login at all. I mainly use Mac as my primary at home but windows at work. This device is going back and I may not get another surface device even though I'd like one for my needs and I dislike iPads.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Sorry to hear this mate :/ I really think you should ask for a replacement. I think the warranty should cover that

zigg8272

Aug 11, 2018
Visit site
I decided to get the 8GB Surface Go, for my needs which isn't much I liked the idea have having. 128GB SSD. over 64GB. and 8GB though I'll prob not have to push the ram. I still am not sure if I will take it out of S mode. being that all I need to do is install Netflix,Spotify, and a few other apps that are all in the windows store.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Your problem doesn't sound like it's normal or normal usage case... others are very happy with the S-Go's performance and has surpassed their expectations... maybe you got a lemon? it happens on all range of devices. personally I've never heard/seen of a device missing drivers out of the box...

zigg8272

Aug 11, 2018
Visit site
right, that's why I took it back.... I. did get the 128GB model for a little more room and a bit better ram. I had to order it and should have it by tomorrow. all of the bad reviews I have seen are from people who haven't even touched it or just don't understand what this device is and what it isn't. I like the size. and what it can do. Like I said I had the 4gb. model and had nothing but issues so I hope the 128 gb model does good for my needs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo