03-14-2019 02:52 AM
84 ... 234
tools
    Did you make sure to select "Left Handed" in Settings> Pen and Windows Ink?

Every so often via update mine gets set back to right handed and it severely messes up the palm rejection. I can immediately tell and once I set it back to left handed all is well!
    I have but I find the glove to be more reliable. I make fewer mistakes and I'm less concerned with my palm placement. Plus it keeps the screen cleaner.
    Insti Gator likes this.
    12-11-2018 06:28 PM
    Purchased the 4G model to accompany my iPad Pro 10.5, so happy now.

There are certain things I just can't do on my iPad easily, on the Go no problem.
    HeyCori and Insti Gator like this.
    01-02-2019 06:29 PM
    Update #2 : Well, I have realized how much I missed having a full Windows device the size of an iPad... So I bought another Surface Go (and will be selling my Chromebook). I was really torn about 4gb vs 8gb this time around, but ended up with the 4gb again. So far, I am happy and have kept it in S mode. My only "complaint" about S mode so far is the inability to change the search engine for Edge. But oh well... Just thought id give an update just to keep it honest!

An update to be honest and clear: I ended up returning the Go and purchasing another Chromebook. It was a decent machine, but I have become pretty reliant/preferring of the Google ecosystem, and I wasn't pleased with Chrome (or Edge running Google Sheets) on the Go. Given that the Google apps were one of my desired uses, I couldn't shake the thought of paying $453 for a device that didn't accomplish that use as well as a $200-$300 Chromebook. Overall, a Chromebook suited MY NEEDS better that the Go; but I am sure that is not the case with everyone.
    01-16-2019 10:36 AM
    Awesome!
    01-16-2019 07:28 PM
    Just took my GO for a real world, on the job, test today. I'm coming from a life with both an iPad and Macbook Air for work.....wanted to see if I could use just one device that covers both use cases.
    This thing seems far snappier than I expected even with a slew of office apps open....I have noticed zero lag.

Walking around, I feel like I have forgotten to bring my computer!...it is so light.

The ONLY downside is my newly deteriorating vision....I just started to need reading glasses. If my eyes were good, this thing would be pure magic.

I can't believe that I have an actual Windows computer inside this tiny package....no more compromising with iOS or a ridiculously slow netbook...it's a real computer with actual files, folders and proper applications.....all running without laggy hiccups.

I'm using Windows 10....without the "S"

If you are mostly a productivity (Office) user, this is perfect. Not great for gamers and video editors, of course.
    01-23-2019 05:23 PM
    So far enjoying my GO.

I tried Chrome but quickly uninstalled it as the experience was terrible.

Edge generally works great and I only experience stutter on sites that try to kill you with adds.

I use a modified hosts files that gets rid of 99% of adds and that helps. This technique is undeteticble and works amazing. https://someonewhocares.org/hosts/zero/
    Being able to do things like this is precisely why I bought this machine to replace my Galaxy Tab S2.
    HeyCori likes this.
    02-05-2019 08:04 AM
    So far enjoying my GO.

I tried Chrome but quickly uninstalled it as the experience was terrible.

Edge generally works great and I only experience stutter on sites that try to kill you with adds.
    Have you tried Firefox Quantum? It works fairly well on my Go.

I also modified my host file though I'm sure my list is dated at this point. But between the host file and the ad blocker, web browsing is sooooo much faster.
    02-14-2019 05:05 PM
    Ok, so I have been using a 4GB for a month or so, but was always curious how good the 8gb model was. Well, picked up an 8gb (and will sell my 4gb), and so far it is really good. I definitely notice the difference.
    HeyCori likes this.
    02-19-2019 07:53 PM
    I bought the Go (8GB/128GB) but I'm disappointed with the battery consumption, maximum of 4 hours with average use.

The iPad is much better.
    03-14-2019 02:52 AM
84 ... 234