Nebo on Surface Go

Gealan

Aug 25, 2018
Visit site
Is anyone using Nebo on their Surface Go? It seems like it would be a great App using the Surface Pen. MyScript don't include the Surface Go in their list of devices, although they do list the Surface 3.

gnirkatto

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I purchased it, because of the good reviews, and used it on my Go.
It is a great program for handwriting recognition, and for painting diagrams and drawing formulas etc.

I don't linke these 2 things:

how can an app, that was specifically made and "certified" for W10, Surface, and the pen, NOT support OneDrive, but Dropbox and Google Drive only?

And, the export options are quite limited. YOu can export pages as they are to Word only. The other alternative is to export as text, which works but ignores drawings and diagrams.

So if you eg want to create something in Nebo that contains handwritings and diagrams, and want to get this over into eg OneNote, you will have to export to Word, then in WOrd copy all and paste into OneNote.

So it works somehow, but in a quite clumsy manner, and I would have wished for a more "Windows-friendly" functionality. I hope they will smoothen that out soon.

Besides that, handwriting recognition really is excellent.

Gealan

Aug 25, 2018
Visit site
Thanks for that. I contacted MyScript and they weren't very helpful and said they didn't recommend it for the Go, although it works well on a Surface 3. My Go arrived yesterday, very pleased so far, so I'll try installing Nebo and see how it goes.

gnirkatto

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I THINK them not recommending it for the Go might have to do with performance.
I have not yet worked on really large Nebo notebooks or pages, but I noticed some lag, eg when opening the "Welcome Windows"-book that comes with the app and contains 8 pages of handwriting, graphics and diagrams, and when changing from one page to the other.

Also, when changing from one book to another, it takes longer than one would expect.

It's not a very big deal, but this might get worse, if many books & pages are being created?

Other than that, I can't really think of another reason why it should be OK for the bigger Surfaces, but not for the Go.

gnirkatto

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
P.S. when using OneNote on the Go, I never experienced any lag, even with several well filled notebooks open (except while syncing)

Gealan

Aug 25, 2018
Visit site
I just paid my money and downloaded the app. So far I've only been playing with it, but it certainly seems to work as advertised. It seems quite speedy enough, and the recognition seems very good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss