Failed graphics card

johnsilk_223

Oct 20, 2018
Visit site
Had the Surface Go for 2 weeks and suddenly the Graphics Card has failed.

Anyone else had any issues? Have contacted AO to ask for a replacement.

Attachments

• 20181020_181115.jpg
    20181020_181115.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 17
  • 20181020_193411.jpg
    20181020_193411.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 17

johnsilk_223

Oct 20, 2018
Visit site
AO said I have to call Microsoft so they can confirm it's faulty... only then will they replace it. Not being funny but I anyone can see it's faulty just by looking at it!

I ran the Surface diagnostic toolkit and it froze half way through

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
AO said I have to call Microsoft so they can confirm it's faulty... only then will they replace it. Not being funny but I anyone can see it's faulty just by looking at it!

I ran the Surface diagnostic toolkit and it froze half way through

Send them a video of the faulty surface go with your order details - customerservices@ao.com

johnsilk_223

Oct 20, 2018
Visit site
Well I called Microsoft who agreed that it is a hardware fault (sent them photos by email as I was on the phone to them). They wanted men to be without the laptop for up to 14 days and once they received my 2 week old surface they'd ship me out a REFURBISHED surface. Wasn't very happy so then I called AO who said no problem we will send out a new Surface (coming tomorrow) and will collect the faulty one on Saturday.

I can't believe Microsoft wanted to replace my brand spanking new Surface with a used, refurbished one. I want what I paid for, a new one!!. Fingers crossed the replacement one AO are sending lasts more than 2 weeks!.

Thanks for your feedback!

Insti Gator

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I can't believe Microsoft wanted to replace my brand spanking new Surface with a used, refurbished one. I want what I paid for, a new one!!

To be fair, you didn't have a new device. As soon as you remove the plastic wrap it's a used device. Whether you put it on a shelf or use it 24 hours a day for 2 weeks it's a used device.

It's pretty common practice for suppliers to trade your defective used unit with a refurbished device. In most cases, a refurbished device will be in new condition with no visible signs of use and even put into factory packaging with plastic wrapping as well. They are certified from the manufacturer. Refurbs are a combination of repaired devices and devices that were returned within the stated refund period, so these devices might also be '2 weeks old brand new' devices that customers simply didn't want.

Glad that AO took care of you and provided excellent customer service tho!

milliemiddelkoop6

Oct 24, 2018
Visit site
I've had the same issue for about an hour.
After a few restarts the screen was normal again.
Now after two weeks it didnt happened anymore ?!!
My surface Go is only a month old.

Mattemt294

Jan 30, 2018
Visit site
I had an issue too. Went to Microsoft store, it was the latest Intel drivers. They removed the drivers reinstalled and it's working fine now

Cursive1987

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I saw this last night. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling/restarting in various orders but nothing seemed to help. I couldn't see that the display driver had been updated which is confusing. In the end I downloaded the zipped driver files from Intel's site (still persevering with S mode so couldn't download the .exe) and istalled those which had fixed my problems. Not sure if the version number was different. Hope this helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3