Pen scratches side

ArneG3108

Oct 21, 2018
Visit site
Hey guys,

I rarely use my pen, but I almost always leave it magnetically attached to the side of my Surface Go, and that since I got it around one and a half months ago. Today when I took the pen off I noticed that it has worn through the outer coating or paint in a spot about a Millimeter in diameter.

Anybody else notice this? Do you think this is a warranty case?

Best regards,

Arne

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Man, I had never even thought about looking, but yeah, I have a tiny spot where it looks like the coating has peeled away. Perhaps I'll start leaving the pen in my bag until I need it. :(

ArneG3108

Oct 21, 2018
Visit site
I could do that, but the damage is already done. I'm really thinking about filing a warranty case about this. I mean, this is the intended place for the pen, so why should using it damage my Surface?

Insti Gator

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Warranty is typically for failure, not cosmetics? It's intended to magnetize the pen there but it doesn't affect the operation of the device to have scratches nor do they require anyone to do so. Hard to imagine that as a warranty-able problem.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Warranty is typically for failure, not cosmetics? It's intended to magnetize the pen there but it doesn't affect the operation of the device to have scratches nor do they require anyone to do so. Hard to imagine that as a warranty-able problem.

If you yell enough, everything is covered by warranty. :grin:

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
metal on metal will scratch. but the color of SG hides it well. if you worry about that can leave the pen on a different place like in the bag. the stuff is like a phone, mobile and used frequently. Dont get too worried about little wear and tear. if it bothers you, perhaps get a case. like all those iPhone users who care so much about what color or how cool the phone looks but it cover it up with hideous cases and peeling lcd screen protectors.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I ended up putting two small pieces of clear label maker tape where the pen connects. I went with label maker tape because it's much easier to get off than regular clear tape. Luckily, I was able to "borrow" a piece from work. :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs