Black Friday deals on Surface Go??? LTE Version?

brian stabinger

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Just curious if anyone knows if/where to get a Go on sale, this holiday season.

Any update on when the LTE variant will be available?

My Surface Pro 1 is getting a little tired, and could be put to pasture.

Thanks!

-Brian

brian stabinger

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Thanks. I also just saw somewhere the Go is $50 off, whenever the Friday sales start. Hopefully that $50 off also applies to the LTE variant. Doubt it, but it would be nice, as $680 is a little much, considering you'll be in almost a grand, with keyboard an taxes.

dstrauss

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. I also just saw somewhere the Go is $50 off, whenever the Friday sales start. Hopefully that $50 off also applies to the LTE variant. Doubt it, but it would be nice, as $680 is a little much, considering you'll be in almost a grand, with keyboard an taxes.

I want to speak to that price question for a minute. The SG LTE 128gb with keyboard and pen is $998.

Now, perusing Apple, the iPad Pro 11 LTE with 64gb is $949, keyboard $179, and pen $129 for a not so grand total of $1247, and you are "short" 64gb of storage with no mSDXC slot for protection.

Don't understand why so many people fear the Surface Go pricing...

brian stabinger

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I think it's the "starting" price ($399) that mentally skews the perception of price/value. I bought my original Pro with keyboard for over $1000, and to me the Go seems like a much better deal, all things considered.

LibbyLA

May 20, 2015
Visit site
I want to speak to that price question for a minute. The SG LTE 128gb with keyboard and pen is $998.

Now, perusing Apple, the iPad Pro 11 LTE with 64gb is $949, keyboard $179, and pen $129 for a not so grand total of $1247, and you are "short" 64gb of storage with no mSDXC slot for protection.

Don't understand why so many people fear the Surface Go pricing...

And with the Go, you have an actual functional Windows computer in a compact package.

Don’t get me wrong, I love my new iPad Pro 11” LTE and use it way more than I use the Go. The iPP has a lot longer battery life and I find to more convenient to pick up and haul around than I do the Go. However, if I need to do real Windows work, the Go is fantastic. I happen to be fortunate enough to be able to have both. Horses for courses and they serve completely different purposes for me.

richard_rsp

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I really wish that there was a "Type Cover Bundle" for the Surface Go like there is on the Surface Pro 6 for Black Friday (Perhaps a Sig Type Cover bundle for 4GB @ $429 or 8GB @$529)? I picked up one of the SP6 keyboard bundles last night for a great deal ($799 at Microsoft, $699 at Microcenter), but think I would rather have something the size of the Surface Go. However, given that it would only be $100 less to go with an Surface Go (8gb) with sig type cover (at the current "sale price"), I am not sure if its worth giving up the benefits of the SP6 for the Go size.

As of now, I am thinking of returning the SP6, but if I do, I likely wont be purchasing a Go until its a little cheaper.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos