SurfaceGo vs Surface Pro M3 with keyboard

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, it's a great deal but the size of the Pro is ultimately the reason why I would rather stick with the Go. I've used an iPad Pro at work and my laptop is a 13-inch 2-n-1. Using either of those devices as a tablet for an extended period of time is a chore. IMO, the size becomes unwieldly for casual tablet use. And while I understand that for some the extra screen real estate is nearly a necessity, I find the Go to be a good balance between casual and lite-professional. Even though the Core M3 remains the better processor, the 4415y still offers up tremendous performance. For what I need it to do, it hasn't let me down yet. Though I am envious that the larger screen of the Pro means the Type Cover is easier to use. Sometimes I can get into a nice groove on the Go and other times it's like my fingers don't know what's happening.

Insti Gator

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I'll echo @HeyCori ,

I only chose the Surface Go because of its 10" size. Between the Surface Pro m3 and Surface Go I think the only choice is do you want a 12" or a 10" device because they are going to perform nearly identical in day-to-day.

My saying goes,

"If you want a laptop that can be a tablet sometimes Pro,
If you want a tablet that can be a laptop sometimes Go"

That's over-simplifying it because many have made the Surface Go their only PC and others use the Surface Pro regularly on the couch as a tablet. But the Pro is a better laptop and the Go is a better tablet. If you were choosing between the Core i5 or i7 Pro's with more RAM then the equation would change too for the increased power but the Core m3 is going perform similarly to the Pentium in the Surface Go.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3