Need to Know?

txaggie2016

May 12, 2013
Visit site
So I've been using my Surface Pro 2 since the year it came out (don't even remember when that was now) but it finally bit the dust a few weeks ago... I bounced back and forth but I decided to purchase a Surface Go to replace it. I figured a lighter machine would be great for personal use since my work now provides me with a computer as well.

My question is: what has changed about Surface since the last time I was in the market? Obviously a lot but is there anything specific I should be aware of to take full advantage of what the Go offers? For example, I know Surface Pen technology has changed since the days of my SP2. What else is there?

Thank you!

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
If you use the pen a lot, or even doodle, then you'd definitely want to get one of the new pens. Otherwise, not much has changed hardware wise. The Go ditches USB type-A for USB type-C, and uses the now standard hinge that can adjust to nearly any position. The screen aspect ratio is 3:2 which, IMO, is great for device this size. The type cover is just like all the other covers you'll find for the Pro devices (though obviously smaller which makes it a bit harder to type on). It even comes with precision drivers which is always welcomed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6