So I've been using my Surface Pro 2 since the year it came out (don't even remember when that was now) but it finally bit the dust a few weeks ago... I bounced back and forth but I decided to purchase a Surface Go to replace it. I figured a lighter machine would be great for personal use since my work now provides me with a computer as well.

My question is: what has changed about Surface since the last time I was in the market? Obviously a lot but is there anything specific I should be aware of to take full advantage of what the Go offers? For example, I know Surface Pen technology has changed since the days of my SP2. What else is there?

Thank you!
    02-17-2019 10:12 PM
    If you use the pen a lot, or even doodle, then you'd definitely want to get one of the new pens. Otherwise, not much has changed hardware wise. The Go ditches USB type-A for USB type-C, and uses the now standard hinge that can adjust to nearly any position. The screen aspect ratio is 3:2 which, IMO, is great for device this size. The type cover is just like all the other covers you'll find for the Pro devices (though obviously smaller which makes it a bit harder to type on). It even comes with precision drivers which is always welcomed.
    02-18-2019 06:09 PM