Galaxy Note 10 Deal: BOGO at Verizon!
    I bought Surface Go (8GB/128GB) and I know the Edge is well optimized but what are the others that you recommend? Chrome does not run very good on it.
    03-14-2019 02:43 AM
    Try Firefox. I started with Edge but ran into problems on some of the sites I visit and problems syncing bookmarks. I've been using Firefox for a while now and it works great (though Firefox is more taxing on the battery). I also have Chrome installed but I only use it for work.
    03-14-2019 09:24 AM
    Try Firefox. I started with Edge but ran into problems on some of the sites I visit and problems syncing bookmarks. I've been using Firefox for a while now and it works great (though Firefox is more taxing on the battery). I also have Chrome installed but I only use it for work.
    This is my issue with Surface Go, the battery leaving quickly.
    I stopped using Chrome because of this.
    03-14-2019 10:06 AM
    I'm trying to keep my GO in S mode, so I'm sticking with Edge, which is a pain; it's not syncing my favourites/history etc with my laptop. And trying to do my report cards (i'm a teacher) the other day: Edge does not display my grades/comments with the web based student management system we use, so I had to wait till I had my laptop to finish (I use Chrome on my laptop, because it displays all the drop down menues correctly, and my SmartBoard interactive Whiteboard does not work properly with Edge).
    03-14-2019 11:21 PM
    Mozilla Firefox, Vivaldi.
    03-15-2019 12:52 AM
    Opera is really good but missing the touch gestures, so bad.

https://www.opera.com/
    Last edited by Reinaldo Versuri; 03-22-2019 at 01:41 PM.
    HeyCori and sd4f like this.
    03-22-2019 01:20 PM
    I'm trying to keep my GO in S mode, so I'm sticking with Edge, which is a pain; it's not syncing my favourites/history etc with my laptop. And trying to do my report cards (i'm a teacher) the other day: Edge does not display my grades/comments with the web based student management system we use, so I had to wait till I had my laptop to finish (I use Chrome on my laptop, because it displays all the drop down menues correctly, and my SmartBoard interactive Whiteboard does not work properly with Edge).
    You might just have to wait until the chromium based Edge is released soon.

But in the meantime it is not a bad idea to step out of a mode and just limit using exe based programs to the chrome browser.
    03-23-2019 07:51 AM
    You might just have to wait until the chromium based Edge is released soon.

But in the meantime it is not a bad idea to step out of a mode and just limit using exe based programs to the chrome browser.
    Unfortunately by opting out of S Mode you will get hit with a battery life penalty. It’s noticeable.
    03-23-2019 05:35 PM

The problem with touch gestures with Opera was solved.
    Just uncheck the ”Use Hardware acceleration when available” box in Opera settings.
    Today Opera is my default browser.
    03-28-2019 08:17 AM
    The problem with touch gestures with Opera was solved.
    Just uncheck the ”Use Hardware acceleration when available” box in Opera settings.
    Today Opera is my default browser.
    OK, I'm trying the Vivaldi browser now.
    04-10-2019 08:41 AM
    I was using Vivaldi and I have switched to the Chromium-based Edge browser preview - I'm really liking it currently...
    04-10-2019 11:23 PM
    I was using Vivaldi and I have switched to the Chromium-based Edge browser preview - I'm really liking it currently...
    Maybe I can move to Edge Chromium in stable version.
    04-11-2019 01:51 AM
    I'm using the Edge preview now and it will eat away at your battery life!
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    04-12-2019 07:56 AM
    Unfortunately by opting out of S Mode you will get hit with a battery life penalty. It’s noticeable.
    And from what I understand is the change to Win 10 home is one way. No turning back
    04-13-2019 12:56 PM
    And from what I understand is the change to Win 10 home is one way. No turning back
    Not with Surface devices. There are downloads available from Microsoft to get S Mode back. I don’t have a link handy but you can Google it (or Bing if that’s your thing).
    Laura Knotek and zebradude like this.
    04-13-2019 05:08 PM
    https://www.windowscentral.com/how-r...l-windows-10-s
    04-14-2019 08:22 AM
    Well that is awesome news! Now I have options!
    04-14-2019 08:48 AM

I have an older Surface 3, with the atom cpu, and Opera is the only browser that scrolls smoothly. It's also fairly lightweight with the built in adblocker.

I'm not a fan of the newer UI, but there's options to keep the older UI, which is similar to Firefox 4, which I also liked (hated the Australis one).

I'll check out chromium edge when it comes out, but for now, I'm quite happy with Opera, so edge will have to do a lot to get me to change.

One drawback is that opera doesn't play nice with bookmarks. Not sure if it has been fixed or what, but in general it's not as good as it could be.
    04-14-2019 01:05 PM
    Or....try the just release Preview of the New Edge. Works great for me.
    04-14-2019 11:46 PM
    After last Opera update I'm trying the Vivaldi, works good but missing the fingers gestures.
    04-15-2019 02:24 AM
    Or....try the just release Preview of the New Edge. Works great for me.
    Good but I'll wait the stable version, I don't want stock my passwords there at this moment.
    04-15-2019 02:25 AM
    Why you don't want to sync your favorites/history? Also you don't need to wait for a traditional laptop, you can get out of S mode and install Chrome to display anything correctly.
    05-08-2019 06:40 AM