What are the downside of switching the Surface Go out of s-mode?
    04-08-2019 12:04 PM
    The biggest one is it's more susceptible to malware b/c Win32 apps (anything that installs via a .exe or .msi) are enabled. In S mode, it's locked to Store apps.
    04-08-2019 01:27 PM
    Want AdGuard? You’ll need to switch out. Does your pswd mgr need to be installed outside S mode? Want to use Chrome?
    04-08-2019 03:51 PM
    Want AdGuard? You’ll need to switch out. Does your pswd mgr need to be installed outside S mode? Want to use Chrome?
    Ad Guard is a Store app, I have it for Edge. I’m not sure if it’s going to continue working once the full switch to Chromium is complete but.....
    04-08-2019 05:29 PM
    I only see Adblock, not AdGuard in Store. And is the extension version as good as AG Pro version that you would need to install?

I use to see on XDA that Google was feeling the need to offer some support for adblocking but that’s another reason I use AdGuard install, I like that it works with whatever browser I choose.

The Adblock extension in Edge isn’t cutting it for me.
    04-10-2019 07:09 AM
    I only see Adblock, not AdGuard in Store. And is the extension version as good as AG Pro version that you would need to install?

I use to see on XDA that Google was feeling the need to offer some support for adblocking but that’s another reason I use AdGuard install, I like that it works with whatever browser I choose.

The Adblock extension in Edge isn’t cutting it for me.
    Just search for "AdGuard" in the Store, it's there, and the Edge extension works well.adguard-store.jpg
    04-10-2019 08:04 AM
    Have you tried ublock origins? It's available for Edge so I'd imagine you can get it in S mode too. I use it and it works great.
    04-12-2019 07:59 AM
    The biggest one is it's more susceptible to malware b/c Win32 apps (anything that installs via a .exe or .msi) are enabled. In S mode, it's locked to Store apps.
    Just safely install Malwarebytes Anti-malware.
    04-21-2019 01:29 AM