The May 2019 upatd is finally here on Win 10s

cowboy6201

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: The May 2019 upatde is finally here on Win 10s

I found it by chance at 5am this morning. Anybody else get it yet on Win 10s?

psampa

Dec 17, 2018
Visit site
I also had a notification that it is available but not recommended for my setup probably due to the sd card been used. Did you remove the SD card in order to install the upgrade or you don't use the SD card slot at all?

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Whelp, it's back to 1809 for me. I was having a problem with Intel (yay Intel) where it kept pesturing me to update the driver on the Intel HD Graphics 615. So after much effort, I finally got the driver updated to 26.blah.blah.blah. While it did resolve a weird screen flickering issue, touch scrolling in Firefox went to pure crap. Sure it's always been janky, but suddenly it was even worse before. No amount of uninstalling or adjust the settings worked. Eventually I decided to nuke the entire thing and start fresh by using a recovery drive. This time around I'm going to wait to get the update through Windows Update, and nope I haven't even installed Firefox yet. Running with Edge for now.

LibbyLA

May 20, 2015
Visit site
HeyCori,

I’ve managed to get my Go updated but I had some of the same problems you’ve mentioned. I started with two and a half hours on the phone with MS because facial recognition wasn’t working (only one light came on). The new driver fix mentioned in another post didn’t fix it so I called MS.

Had to install the update manually with help from MS. It wouldn’t work until I removed the SD card. What genius thought that was appropriate?

The update fixed facial recognition, but it broke PowerPoint (PP crashed and the system restarted any time I tried to play a presentation). Three and a half more hours with four different support people didn’t fix the problem.

I awakened in the middle of the night thinking about the video driver because switching to the generic driver allowed PP to work but the text resolution was horrible. I noodled through settings in PP and Control Panel but nothing worked. Then I decided to create a simple presentation with two plain slides to see if a new presentation would play. It did, and after that, all my existing presentations worked.

I have no idea what was fixed or how that fixed it. It’s not the solution for you. Six hours plus and my Go is working as it should.

Gayle Lynn

Jan 6, 2018
Visit site
I have an SD card, wouldn't update with it instead. So far so good. Very slow with bare minimum 4/64 Go. Went much faster on Surface Laptop 2 8/128.

I installed the update on SL2 last week, which has no sdxc card slot.

rbcameron

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
I have updated my Surface Go to 1903 twice, once with Insider builds and a second time with the public release. Both time I experienced system crashes. 1809 is far more stable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234