Just got a Dell S2718D monitor to connect to my Go. Based on videos I've seen and articles I've read it should be plug and play via USB C. Once I connect the USB C on the Go and the Monitor I should get a mirror of my Go's screen.

However, I always get a No Signal Error on my Dell monitor. It's not detecting both USB C and HDMI connectivity. The Surface Go is charging when connected via USB C so I assume that the monitor, USB C able and Surface Go are working.

Is there a setting on the Surface Go that I should change to set the USB C as a display output port instead of a power port?
    06-13-2019 04:35 PM
    Do you possibly need drivers for the monitor? Maybe forcing the display to be detected in Settings>display?
    06-15-2019 09:37 AM
    Unfortunately, I'm not sure what could be causing the problem as my Surface Go connects to my monitor without issue. Granted, I am using a USB-C to HDMI cable. So maybe the problem is with your cable and not so much the Go. You could also try reinstalling your drivers.

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e?...token=dWyjJmwz
    06-15-2019 07:50 PM
    @golfdriver98 - That would be a possible reason. I did download a driver pack for the monitor from the Dell site. Unfortunately, since the monitor can't be detected the program won't continue to run. I will try to get another laptop and try to update the monitor's driver (if there is one)

@ HeyCori - The HDMI cable works, I tried my office laptop to the monitor (via HDMI to HDMI). Possible it is the USB C cable, I tried connecting via USB C (direct) and it did not work. Tried via USB C to HDMI also did not work (sucks!). Are there different versions of USB C cables? How do I know which one will work with the Surface Go and output to an
    external display.
    06-15-2019 10:44 PM
    Hmmm... maybe the cable you have requires Thunderbolt 3 USB-C to work? Or just isn't compatible with your Go/monitor combo. I'm not entirely sure.

This is the cable I'm using - https://www.amazon.com/uni-Thunderbo...pUvbUpU3784388
    06-16-2019 12:01 AM
    @HeyCori - Looks like the USB C adaptor nad USB C to USB C cable that I got were both not compatible with the Surface Go. Based on additional readings I was able to look up it needs to be a USB C 3.1 version to be able to carry the display signal from the surface to the external display/monitor. Similar to the one that you are currently using.
    HeyCori likes this.
    06-16-2019 07:38 PM
    Cool. Glad to see you're on the right path.
    06-16-2019 08:50 PM
    Finally got it working. It was the cable. So apparently not all USB C to USB C cables are the same. Some are purely for mobile phones and used for charging. To be able to send audio/video from the Surface Go to an external display you'll need to use a USB C 3.1.

Thanks for the help.
    HeyCori and Golfdriver97 like this.
    06-18-2019 04:21 PM
    Finally got it working. It was the cable. So apparently not all USB C to USB C cables are the same. Some are purely for mobile phones and used for charging. To be able to send audio/video from the Surface Go to an external display you'll need to use a USB C 3.1.

Thanks for the help.
    Thanks for posting the follow up. Didn't think about the cable at all.

For as nice as the USB C cable is, a specific standard would be nice....
    06-19-2019 03:22 PM