Updating To Surface Go 2 Windows Version

bennett22

Dec 25, 2020
Visit site
hey guys, i've been using a surface go 2 for the past few months on AT&T, i needed a tablet (normally a samsung tablet user) that was more like a laptop and was very portable as i use it at work and on the go for whatever i need. i have been very happy with it, but i was wondering if it's worth it to upgrade to windows 10 pro from the 10 S mode that it came with for better security and to be able to download a few programs that are not available in the windows store? thanks

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Quick note, you can switch from S Mode to Windows 10 Home for free. Upgrading to Pro is not free (I think it's like $100). I've been a Go owner since the original. I tried to live with S Mode but just couldn't. There's just a handful of apps that I can't get on the Windows Store, and some of the Store apps simply don't compare to their desktop counterpart. Thus far I haven't noticed any major downsides to leaving S Mode.

bennett22

Dec 25, 2020
Visit site
i know i can switch from s mode to home for free and that pro is $100, i was looking at both options and was starting to wonder if it would be better to just get the pro version. everything at work is on a corporate enterprise network, but i don't know if i'll ever connect to that wifi system. they keep things pretty locked down, not sure if they had a breach at one time or another

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss