Surface Go 2 still a good buy?

nunoprime5900

Jul 17, 2021
Visit site
Thinking of grabbing one. Thoughts on it's usability nearly heading into 2022? Anyone testing Win 11 on it and what's your experience been like?

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
When it comes to questions like this, I think a lot of it comes down to what you plan on doing with the device. I have a Go 2 with the M3 processor and, personally, I think the processor has held up better than I thought it would. That said, I don't do anything that's truly CPU/GPU intensive (in fact, most people don't).

I mainly use it for Office/Google Docs, web browsing, some light video editing (Premiere Elements 2020), photo editing (Affinity Photo), xCloud, and a handful of work applications like TeamViewer. I'm actually using it as my main computer now because of how light and portable it is. And when I'm at home, I have it connected to a 1440p monitor. I'm very content with it and have no reason to upgrade.

Buuuuut.... I've had mine since launch and Microsoft is still selling it for $630 for really outdated specs. I can't say for certain that a Go 3 is coming this fall, but it's highly likely that new OEM tablets are coming this year with the launch of Windows 11. And given how far processors I've come since the M3, all of them will dwarf the Go 2 in power.

If you have the opportunity to get one for cheap, I say go for it. Otherwise, you might be better off waiting to see what is available this fall.

Last edited:

rabilancia

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
...If you have the opportunity to get one for cheap, I say go for it.

I agree. I just upgraded last month from a Go "1" 8GB/128GB to the Go2 8GB/128GB m3 version during a Microsoft Store sale for only $440.99 bundled with a slip case.

I learned a long time ago that for me buying 6 to 12 month old technology was a pricing "sweet spot."

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss