I hope I'm not priced out of the RT market

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else got this fear? I'm saving to get one but I getting nervous. Suppose the tablets are starting at the 1000 dollar plus mark, I'm going to be priced out of the market. My only saving grace is that MS claims they will sell millions of them which could mean MS wants to sell at MY price point. I have a good chance to get one. But suppose I'm wrong and I have to be stuck with this stupid Nexus 7? YIKES!

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Im a bit worried too, but currently im alot more afraid tney wont sell them in finland. Ordering online from somewhere else could work, but lack of scandic keys would be very counterproductive

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else got this fear? I'm saving to get one but I getting nervous. Suppose the tablets are starting at the 1000 dollar plus mark, I'm going to be priced out of the market. My only saving grace is that MS claims they will sell millions of them which could mean MS wants to sell at MY price point. I have a good chance to get one. But suppose I'm wrong and I have to be stuck with this stupid Nexus 7? YIKES!

Why would the RT be anywhere close to 1000 dollars? Are these Australian dollars you are referring to?

mafu6

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
I don't think that they will be at the $1000 price point, I don't think anyone has actually released any prices excatly yet, though I know amazon has some prices floating around for tablets. It's absolutly key that they get the price right though, with the average costumer want to buy a tablet and are confronted with all the different types of android tablet and then their is the iPad... they are going to be like WTF. Marketing and Price are key to the success of any Win 8 Tablet. Spec wise if the Win 8 tablets are going to be priced then they are going to be fairly expensive, to stand a chance on selling a RT Tablet the OEMs are going to have a lower price than an equivilent iPad.

32GB iPad WiFi only = $599 (price from the official online aple store)
32GB Win8 RT Tablet (Samsung Ativ 10.1) = $771.5 (converted, using the amazon uk pre-order price)

Now I know this isnt the MS Surface but it that is anything to go by what extra incentive is their? Yes it will run a version of Office, but most people have laptops with some sort of Office (if not MS Office). The general user will not want to use office on the go? An iPad is the generic term for a Tablet, I currently have a HP Touchpad and everyone who asks about it says "What apps you got for you iPad?" or "Im thinking of getting an iPad is it anygood". I always reply that its not an iPad and they seem shoked! If Win8 is going to wrestle the tablet market away from the massive share that Apple as on the tablet market then as said before price is going to be key

I have a little money saved up and depending on what the price is I might skip it and buy a Nexus 7 and a PS3 but thats down to me.

Hopefully these things will be priced competitivly. For me for a Surface to be successful then a 32GB Surface is going to be have to be Cheaper than the iPad, not because I'd rather get an iPa,d because believe me I will never get one, but to open the average customers eyes to other options and make them seriosuly consider getting one.

$199 is not going to happen unless it comes with a Office 365 sub, like the Xbox 360 with Gold membership deal, which has been mentioned on certain websites and on these forums.

My personal opinion on Surface being a superb hit would price the 32GB RT version at the same price as the iPad 16GB. Who knows, not long to wait now!

Here's hoping!

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

anon(5335899)

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
It all depends on what you are expecting. if you think Surface will be close to entry level Android tables around $199 you are going to be disappointed. I am still guessing the RT Surface (with basic keyboard/cover) will be around the $650 mark with $50-60 between the 32 and 64Gb versions.

The pro version will be around the $1000 mark with $80-100 between the 64 and 128 GB versions.

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

The initial pre orders for the Asus Vivo RT have been announced. 599.00 without keyboard.

Higher than I imagined, but nowhere near 1000.00.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion