**Surface Pre-Order thread**

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Well, let`s get this party started. I know it`s pretty lame to start a thread like this, but honestly, I have been this stoked for a new tech piece since I got my Kobo touch e reader.

So anyways - me -32 gb with keypad.

Last edited:

webwevers#WN

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I ordered 32gb and Cyan Touch cover along with the HDMI out dongle, it is on the right side when you order and scroll thru the accessory's. I also called Microsoft and found out that the 32GB without Black touch cover really does include the black touch cover. I was told that I will receive both the black cover with the tablet and the cyan one that I ordered. Guess if you want the colored one it costs 119.00 for color.

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I ordered 32gb and Cyan Touch cover along with the HDMI out dongle, it is on the right side when you order and scroll thru the accessory's. I also called Microsoft and found out that the 32GB without Black touch cover really does include the black touch cover. I was told that I will receive both the black cover with the tablet and the cyan one that I ordered. Guess if you want the colored one it costs 119.00 for color.

I`m confused by that as well. I ordered a 32gb no frills, and then looked at the `what comes in the box` section and said that it did have a cover. Here`s hoping.

evilrobot

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

Hmm... I must have glossed over that in my excitement. I wonder if I can add it to my preorder. I got the 32gb and Cyan touch cover too, here's hoping that the black cover really is included too!

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I am shocked that you cannot get a 64GB Surface with any color but black. That is the dumbest thing ever. I really want Cyan, but have to pay for two covers if I want it? Why doesn't it come bundled with different colors? :mad:

Blackjack55345

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered the 32GB. $100 for the touch cover is too much. I'll wait until they start to appear on Ebay for cheaper.

Does anyone know if accessories are going to be sold at other retail stores? Or will they only be sold at the Microsoft store?

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I am shocked that you cannot get a 64GB Surface with any color but black. That is the dumbest thing ever. I really want Cyan, but have to pay for two covers if I want it? Why doesn't it come bundled with different colors? :mad:

Just cancelled my pre-order because of this. They told me the same situation at retail stores. I am very disappointed that you are forced into black only with the 64GB version.

Vallos

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site

I`m confused by that as well. I ordered a 32gb no frills, and then looked at the `what comes in the box` section and said that it did have a cover. Here`s hoping.

Hmm... I must have glossed over that in my excitement. I wonder if I can add it to my preorder. I got the 32gb and Cyan touch cover too, here's hoping that the black cover really is included too!

I posted my conundrum on the other thread about this quote: "Your purchase of Surface with Windows RT includes a sleek black Touch Cover. Other vibrant colors are also available for individual purchase. If you prefer a more traditional work experience, consider purchasing an additional Type Cover."

Perhaps when you choose the higher price point it may ask you which color you want, in addition to the basic black.

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Would of liked a cyan to go with the 920 i plan to order but 64gb doesn't come with a choice!!
Maybe I will get a black 920 now, if they ever announce UK plans!!:mad:

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Would of liked a cyan to go with the 920 i plan to order but 64gb doesn't come with a choice!!
Maybe I will get a black 920 now, if they ever announce UK plans!!:mad:

I am with you. I am holding off until they give us a choice in color or to not get a cover with the 64 GB one so we can get whatever one we want as an add on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs