**Surface Pre-Order thread**

texantony

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I noticed the 32gb without a cover is backordered a few weeks, but the 32gb with cover is is still available for the 26th. Apparently people want to choose their keyboard color so instead is sitting on those 32gb tablets, why not offer them and increase your sales and exposure? The keyboard are sold separate including the black so in reality the 32gb is not sold out, just the Price is sold out, lol.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Ordered 64gig with black cover!

Im glad it only came in black. The extra options would have killed me to try to decide between!

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I noticed the 32gb without a cover is backordered a few weeks, but the 32gb with cover is is still available for the 26th. Apparently people want to choose their keyboard color so instead is sitting on those 32gb tablets, why not offer them and increase your sales and exposure? The keyboard are sold separate including the black so in reality the 32gb is not sold out, just the Price is sold out, lol.

Probably they are sold as sku's and can't be broken up. The sku for the 32 naked is sold out - they can't very well open a box and remove the keyboard and sell it as a naked device.

It's like going to Best Buy and buying a new Xbox and saying "Remove the bundled controller and replace it with a different color".

Vallos

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I was going to hold out and visit a pop-up store, but I suspect there will be limited quanities there. Thus, I just placed my order for the 32GB with cover. 10/26 can't come fast enough!

texantony

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
As hard as it was I cancelled my order. I want the 64gb version with a cyan color but im not spending $219 on covers, which is what I'll spend if i go that route. What do I want with 2 covers, especially one that I'll never use. Personally, I think it's bad marketing. Thanks to this forum, im actually considering the Acer W700 Pro, with i5 and 64GB, dock and Bluetooth keyboard.

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I don't get the whole color thing. If I did, I'd order a naked 32 and get a cyan or whatever colour later. The device is what is important to me - I'll accessorize somewhere down the line.

Vallos

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm with you on this, crystal. I do understand personal aesthetics, but to me it's not that big of a deal. Personally, walking about with a big bright colored tablet is not my thing.

fc000

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Ordered a 32GB with black touch cover. There were a few reports that Canadian orders wouldn't arrive until the 30th(which it now states on the order page), though the email I received stated "delivery by the 26th".

I did pre-order the second the page went up though...

texantony

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't get the whole color thing. If I did, I'd order a naked 32 and get a cyan or whatever colour later. The device is what is important to me - I'll accessorize somewhere down the line.

And for those that want the 64GB version? I cant accessorize later because im force to buy a black cover. Wish I understood MS. They advertise color since the beginning but send out black into the battlefield.

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
And for those that want the 64GB version? I cant accessorize later because im force to buy a black cover. Wish I understood MS. They advertise color since the beginning but send out black into the battlefield.

Please don't misunderstand me. I get that you weren't given a choice in the beginning - that's pretty disappointing. I guess I'm just lucky that black is my choice of colour.

CyclingNut

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
The Surface has totally derailed my excitment for any WP8 handset.

Same here, between pre ordering a Surface and upgrading my desktop to W8 next week, any thoughts I had of buying a new phone this year vanished. Maybe CES will renew my eagerness for a new WP8 device.

texantony

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Same here, between pre ordering a Surface and upgrading my desktop to W8 next week, any thoughts I had of buying a new phone this year vanished. Maybe CES will renew my eagerness for a new WP8 device.
im in the same boat but I bought a win7 laptop in 2011 and that's going to help with my phone. Updating laptop to W8 and ordering one of those touch mice from Logitech made for W8. Now I can buy my tablet and phone. ;-)

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
32GB Black Cover, and going with an HTC 8X in Red upon release. My PC got $19.99 W8 Upgrade so I'm set. Anywho, I have a question. They said payment will be deducted from card upon shipment and my payment was deducted today. Has shipment begun?!

Scout_313

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Well, I decided to go ahead and order the 32GB version with the touch cover. It's unfortunate that I will have a 1-2 week shipment time but I had to wait until my new credit card showed up (my old card was fraudulently used to purchase airline tickets so they had to issue me a new one). If it weren't for that little issue, I would have ordered mine as soon as possible to get launch day delivery.

I'll be picking up an 8X as soon as it comes to Verizon and my new laptop will be upgraded to Windows 8 on day 1.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire