HD 4000 on the Surface Pro, good enough to game?

locokip

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Let me know how Civ V works on the Surface Pro please. This is the only game I ever have time to play and was hoping it worked well on the surface pro.

Thanks,

Kip

vertigoOne

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Let me know how Civ V works on the Surface Pro please. This is the only game I ever have time to play and was hoping it worked well on the surface pro.

Thanks,

Kip
It works great without any fuss...but you will only get about 2 hours on battery while playing it. It even has very functional touch controls!

VelJharig

May 31, 2011
Visit site
*** Posted this earlier in another thread, but reposting here just to collect our game summaries/settings in one thread ***

Skyrim was the first game I loaded on my Surface Pro. Runs quite well and still looks quite impressive on the small 1080p screen, with the following settings:

Set resolution to 720p and most settings to low (AA and AF off, Texture quality medium, Radial blur and Shadow detail to low, Water to reflect sky, under View Distance set grass fade to 1). Still looks surprisingly good, and plays pretty well on the Surface Pro (with a mouse).

Paul May

Lumia 950 & Surface Pro Champion
Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I installed FIFA 13 and it runs smoothly, Crysis 2 will run on low setting but not in 1080. Turn the resolution down to 720 and its playable.

Polychrome

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Tried Mabinogi today, which I suspect may use at least some OpenGL. The shadows trail. A pretty bizarre looking glitch, IMO.

Supposedly this video card is known for this glitch in several games, and does something similar in Mafia. Any idea of a fix/workaround?

icwhatudidthere

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Tried Street Fighter IV this morning. You have to install the DirectX download from Microsoft before it'll run. Pretty unplayable full screen over 1024x768 but works fine in windowed mode. And if anyone still has a crush on Ulala from Space Channel 5 that game works great out of the Dreamcast collection.

Chemilinski

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Well first result on a YouTube search garners the answers to all your questions guys

I too am only interested in playing SimCity on a Surface once I get mine, and well I am not surprised that it has to be on low settings but I am pleased to see that it will atleast run it :winktongue:
I do wonder if enabling that Intel 'boost' overclocking mode would do any significant difference to the quality the game could run at..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven