Touch keyboard vs type keyboard

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Very limited information on the site for these. I see no need for a type keyboard. Both allow you to rest it sounds like, so its not like typing on a ipad. Does the track pad allow for right clicking? I need to do more research but does the RT have real IE explorer or a RT explorer?

SoloXCRacer

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I'll have to find the link again, but the difference between the two is that the touch cover keyboard are captive keys....no direct feedback, so it's like typing onto current phone or tablet screens. The Type Cover are physical keys that give you direct feedback. Some people prefer that over non-responsive captive keys. I **think** you get a full keyboard as well, but the type cover doesn't have the full keyboard layout (function keys, etc.).

I read a review comparing the two somewhere....I'll have to find it.

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc-mac/tablets/microsoft-surface-tablet-1085839/review?artc_pg=2

Last edited:

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Very limited information on the site for these. I see no need for a type keyboard. Both allow you to rest it sounds like, so its not like typing on a ipad. Does the track pad allow for right clicking? I need to do more research but does the RT have real IE explorer or a RT explorer?

RT has metro and desktop IE.

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Yeah but the physical keyboard doesn't have much space in between the keys. There is not much type by feel.

Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

SoloXCRacer

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
RT has metro and desktop IE.

LOL, you're just filled with mis-information. Windows 8 RT only has the "metro" version of IE. Not the desktop version.

Windows 8 Pro has both the desktop and "metro" version of IE.

Windows 8 RT = ARM based processors (tablets, like the snap dragon, tegra, etc).
Windows 8 Pro = x86 based processors (desktops and tablets like the Intel Atom, Core i5, etc).

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
LOL, you're just filled with mis-information. Windows 8 RT only has the "metro" version of IE. Not the desktop version.

Windows 8 Pro has both the desktop and "metro" version of IE.

Windows 8 RT = ARM based processors (tablets, like the snap dragon, tegra, etc).
Windows 8 Pro = x86 based processors (desktops and tablets like the Intel Atom, Core i5, etc).

Once again, you are wrong. RT has desktop IE, Office, MSPaint, Control Panel, Explorer.

*EDIT* So you stop making yourself look like an idiot;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GOyOqzLKRKg

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
The touchcover is not like "typing on current phones/tablets" in the sense that you can rest your fingers. It's not capacitive like tablet/smartphone screens. You can put your fingers on the keys and it will not take input as it's pressure sensitive rather than just instantly putting a letter there when your finger takes contact at very low pressure.

But yes, similar in the sense that you have no travel feedback, which is what the typecover has.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss