surface reservation pass at Microsoft store

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I just was at the mall killing time while I had tires put on my cat, and wandered by the pop up Microsoft kiosk. They have an employee there answering surface questions and with a stack of I'd say 150-200 passes that gaurentees you a surface so long as you show up with it by noon launch day. I'm guessing this is a fairly new program as my voucher is numbered 002.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I just was at the mall killing time while I had tires put on my cat, and wandered by the pop up Microsoft kiosk. They have an employee there answering surface questions and with a stack of I'd say 150-200 passes that gaurentees you a surface so long as you show up with it by noon launch day. I'm guessing this is a fairly new program as my voucher is numbered 002.

Does your cat look like this?

cat_1460910i.jpg

Bkr11

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Doubt you would have asked this while you were there, but any idea whether you can buy the 64GB without a cover, and pay a la carte for a different color?

Oldmajor

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I just went to the MSFT store at Pentagon City in Virginia. At first the guy looked confused when i asked if they were giving out Surface passes. He then went and talked to another associate and they had a little discussion. When he came back he told me the passes dont really mean anything!

Last edited:

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I just went to the MSFT store at Pentagon City in Virgina. At first the guy looked confused when i asked if they were giving out Surface passes. He then went and talked to another associate and they had a little discussion. When he came back he told me the passes dont really mean anything!

A simple case of marketing hype.

Mandos

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I went to my localk Microsoft Store at lunch today based on the rumors of reservation passes. The first person I talked to had no idea. I then talked to someone who knew what was going on. I had to ask the right questions and act like I was really interested in reserving a Surface RT before she admitted that the passes really did exist. She went to tha back and got one. It turns out that what she got for me had been returned by someone that was going to be out of town on the 26th, so I got pass number 001. They are only going to have 100 of these per store. She said don't come in and expect to walk up, pay for it and leave. THey want to make sure people get the best experience with these new devices. They are going to go through the unboxing and setup with the customer to make sure everything is working and the customer know how to use the Surface and is happy before they leave the store. I am super geeked for this. I can hardly wait for next Friday to get here.

MicrosoftNorthstar

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I had to ask the right questions and act like I was really interested in reserving a Surface RT before she admitted that the passes really did exist. She went to tha back and got one.

Please only get a pass if you really are going to buy the Surface before noon on the 26th. Do not "pretend" or anything like that. Otherwise there might be someone else that really needs it and will miss out on their device.

Mandos

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I guess that came out a little wrong I fully intend to get a Surface tablet. They just were not automatically offering them up I had to commit and say that yes I was definetly interested in buying a Surface RT when they come out next week for them to be willing to go through the process of getting me the pass and taking down my name and information on what I wanted to get.

MicrosoftNorthstar

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Good to hear. Which Surface are you going to be getting? Have you heard of the HD adapters? There's a VGA and an HDMI one.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Mandos

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I am getting the 32GB version without the keyboard. I am then getting the red touch cover and both video adapters.

Sent from my Trophy using Board Express

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I went to my localk Microsoft Store at lunch today based on the rumors of reservation passes. The first person I talked to had no idea. I then talked to someone who knew what was going on. I had to ask the right questions and act like I was really interested in reserving a Surface RT before she admitted that the passes really did exist. She went to tha back and got one. It turns out that what she got for me had been returned by someone that was going to be out of town on the 26th, so I got pass number 001. They are only going to have 100 of these per store. She said don't come in and expect to walk up, pay for it and leave. THey want to make sure people get the best experience with these new devices. They are going to go through the unboxing and setup with the customer to make sure everything is working and the customer know how to use the Surface and is happy before they leave the store. I am super geeked for this. I can hardly wait for next Friday to get here.

That sounds pretty standard. The guy manning the Kiosk I got mine at didn't offer it until the words "I plan on getting it on launch day" came out of my mouth. Then he gave me a pass. Can't wait! I really want a red touch cover but I'm holding off for now I think...

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
That sounds pretty standard. The guy manning the Kiosk I got mine at didn't offer it until the words "I plan on getting it on launch day" came out of my mouth. Then he gave me a pass. Can't wait! I really want a red touch cover but I'm holding off for now I think...

Unless you plan to buy a naked 32 and pick up the red cover a la carte.

Edit: I'm sorry, but because of auto correct, you will here on in be known as "that guy who put tires on his cat".:lol:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)