Are You Ditching an Existing Tablet for Surface RT?

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm gonna get a Surface RT. since it's likely gonna be sold by my local store that will buy some supplies. so Surface RT Here I come!!! :D

mparker

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I sold my iPad to my Boss's wife a couple of weeks ago. I never used it. I've got a Lenovo X220T convertible tablet that's been running Win8 since Jan, and when I need a tablet I tend to flip the Lenovo's screen around and use it instead. It's really too big and heavy to substitute for a proper tablet, which is why I ordered a Surface RT.

Smg-Uk

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I want a Surface and i am thinking of selling my recently acquired Nexus 7, But even if i get my ?200 back i have got to find another ?200 along with the extra ?400 i am going to spend on getting a HTC 8X :(.

Plus i can't seem to find anywhere on the internet that shows what apps are on RT or what is due to be released ?.

Thryon

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I have been ditching a long line of tablets.
  • iPad (original)
  • HP TouchPad
  • BlackBerry Playbook
  • Dell Streak 7
  • Archos (cannot remember the model)
  • EXOPC Slate

None did what I wanted them to do. Well that is not 100% accurate. The EXOPC Slate was great since it was an actual computer. Problem was the 3-4hr battery life. Windows 7 did not make things fun either.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
If this counts, I had an Acer convertible tablet in 2003, but that didn't work out too well. The touch layer (with stylus) made the screen fuzzy, and nearly unusable. I expect my Surface RT will be a tad better. 6 more days.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

ljkelley

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Currently using a Touchpad 32GB with Android that I have promised to a friend. Previously had a Blackberry Playbook I got as a promo unit.

Currently use Windows 8 on my desktop, so extremely excited to have most of that experience in a tablet.

loribinca

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
my love affair with apple started to wane this year. My ipad1 went from great to horrible overnight after installing IOS5 (and there is NO downgrade .. WTF??)

I notice they're not allowing IOS6 on it, they should have done this with IOS5 too!!

The whole itunes match fiasco .. paid the subscription - flat out full of bugs

The last straw was the icloud/mail outage last month. Not so much the outage, just the way apple handled it.

My Surface will replace my iPad1.

I've had a Lumia 900 since launch and I prefer it over my iPhone 4. I will get the 920 at some point as well -

I plan on upgrading my desktop to windows 8 - as soon as the games I play on it are supported on Windows 8 (the Secret World)

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm kicking my Nexus 7 to the curb. Never did like JellyBean after I got it. ICS is far smoother. Anyway, I hope to pay for the RT Cover with my Nexus 7.

cluberti

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Using a Samsung Series 7 slate for now, but will upgrade to a Surface Pro once it becomes available. The wife's getting an RT for Christmas, as she's coming off of an iPad1 and has complained already about it compared to her (fairly old) Dell laptop running Windows 8, which I did a few weeks ago as a test to see if she could figure it out. Well, she did, and now the iPad isn't good enough. Great for Microsoft, not so much for my wallet ;). It'll be the last iDevice for either of us - we no longer have iPhones (both of us with Lumia 900s) and we'll no longer have an iPad. The wife tried a MacBook and just couldn't get used to it, so she's still on her old Dell laptop with a battery that lasts about 10 minutes now - it's been relegated to be a kitchen PC, but the Surface should replace that nicely and also be mobile ;).

3migo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Trying to sell my 64GB Blackberry Playbook to pickup a 32GB Surface.

Might try and do the same. Unfortunately even though I paid $500 for my Playbook, the 64 gigs are only worth $200 new nowadays, so I'll be lucky to get $100 for it. Might just give it to a relative if I end up getting a surface.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Retiring my HP Touchpad for a Win 8 tablet...probably going to set it up as an e-reader with kindle for my mom.

My wife and I both have TP's. If the TP loaded websites without flaw, I would be satisified. But, we will stick with them for a while, at least until I (my wife) decides I need a new tablet. :D

Last edited:

dmenglert

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
To be clear when I say "ditch" that can mean sell, not use anymore. i'm not going to sell my Transformer, mainly in my work I have demonstrate access to Windows apps and desktops from and array of mobile devices, all my sales reps have ipads, so I don't have to have one of those.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05