Are you getting the keyboard now or later?

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
When you order the RT, will you purchase the RT keyboard later, not at all or are you getting both when you order?

BTW, can you simply buy a protective case for the RT or is the keyboard all there is?

CoopII

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
My Wife is getting mine for me as a Christmas gift. pretty sure she has pre ordered it already but I indicated I didn't need the Keyboard. So I am getting it minus the Keyboard I can always get one down the road if I want.

I hope I don't have to wait all the way to Christmas to use it.

CoopII

GB330033

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm buying just the Surface to start. I'll try to get hands-on with the keyboard when I buy it, just to see how much I like it. Then I'll evaluate my usage over the next few weeks. If it turns out I want/need a keyboard, I'll get one. However, I'm getting this as a content consumption tablet, so a keyboard isn't really necessary.

camptime

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
As I have pre ordered the 64GB I did not have a say whether I want a key board or not.
If I had a choice I would have ordered a cyan one later if needed.

ljkelley

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I got the cyan touch cover, as I want keyboard/trackpad for the desktop and most importantly want some sort of screen cover from day one.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Ordered the Cyan Touch and the Type kb. Not sure if I will like typing on the Touch, but it's nice that you can flip it out of the way. The Type cover can also be used as a cover, but flipping it back would probably be messy holding the tablet while squeezing the keys. I know the keys are disabled when flipped, but it might not be healthy for the kb. While I will primarily use the device for consumption, typing in forums like this will be easier with a physical kb.

If I settle on one or the other, I can always get $25-$50 on eBay for the other. But I will probably keep both.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I ordered with the keyboard. I imagine there will be a "dumb cover" by a third party coming up soon, but I don't know when that will be and I wanted the screen protected from day one.

darthhen

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
One of the reasons I got the Surface is because of the touch cover so of course I ordered mine with the cover. :D

I was going to wait for Surface PRO, but I changed my mine. I have a Lenovo X220T, which has a touch screen and stylus. Although it is much bigger and heavier than Surface PRO, I can still experience the new Windows 8 interface.

greg2k

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm undecided on whether I want the Touch or the Type, and in either case I'll be waiting for their prices to come done because no way am I paying 100 bucks on a keyboard. Everyone seems to be charging an extra Benjamin for the dumbest of upgrades...

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I ordered with the keyboard. I imagine there will be a "dumb cover" by a third party coming up soon, but I don't know when that will be and I wanted the screen protected from day one.

I saw two such protective cases for the RT on Amazon. One looks like the ladies of Aunt Bea's quilting club put together and the other looked like at least some thought was put into it. Its not too bad looking for a protective cover. Its 19 bucks and I agree, it does need something to cover it.

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I saw two such protective cases for the RT on Amazon. One looks like the ladies of Aunt Bea's quilting club put together and the other looked like at least some thought was put into it. Its not too bad looking for a protective cover. Its 19 bucks and I agree, it does need something to cover it.

Already?

rbf

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I also pre-ordered the 64GB... of course with the black touch cover included. I also ordered a blue touch cover, and a type cover as well... not to mention a couple of extra's.

Scout_313

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I ordered the 32GB that included the touch cover partly because I didn't feel like having to wait an extra week or 2 to get the one without the cover. I figure it'll be nice to have.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I had been planning on getting the keyboard later, but things have changed.

I'm selling my GSII Skyrocket for $200. Picking up an $80 Lumia 900. Adding a TypeCover in Red to my Sexy RT, I mean Surface RT.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs