Is your surface in process or has it shipped

DCForever

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Mine is still stuck in Ontario, California dealing with adverse weather conditions. Doesn't UPS know that they can just attach wheels to it and skateboard over on the thing? I know I can't be the only one whose Surface is stuck in Ontario--but I have hope it will get here.

Same here. I really hope that it gets moving soon. My Touch Cover which I thought would arrive on Monday will actually be here tomorrow.

mapexvenus

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Background:

I ordered a 32 GB surface (without touch cover) and a type cover. I received confirmation along with notification of shipment for the type cover. The 32 GB Surface showed up as "will ship in 3 weeks"

First call to CS to inquire about my Surface shipping:

- I was told that the Surface would be shipped to reach me on 10/26 even though there was no tracking number and status change on orders status.

Second call:

- I was told that the Surface would ship in 3 weeks. I specifically argued that this was NOT the information I was provided in the previous call and was told very clearly that I would NOT receive my Surface tomorrow. I even threatened to cancel to no avail.

Third call:

- I was told that the Surface would be delivered on 10/26. I argued (again) that I was given conflicting information the past two times. The rep apologized and said that they were doing their best but reiterated that I would receive my device tomorrow. I specifically asked the customer rep whether I should go to the MS store and buy a surface and she told me that my order would deliver tomorrow.

I am certain that if I call back, someone will tell me that my Surface will deliver in three weeks.

WTF??

MrTimSmith

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
As of 15 minutes ago it's in Alaska. I still haven't received any emails and my Microsoft store order says it's still processing. If it weren't for the trick to find my tracking number I wouldn't have this information. :confused:

tinasious

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Background:

I ordered a 32 GB surface (without touch cover) and a type cover. I received confirmation along with notification of shipment for the type cover. The 32 GB Surface showed up as "will ship in 3 weeks"

First call to CS to inquire about my Surface shipping:

- I was told that the Surface would be shipped to reach me on 10/26 even though there was no tracking number and status change on orders status.

Second call:

- I was told that the Surface would ship in 3 weeks. I specifically argued that this was NOT the information I was provided in the previous call and was told very clearly that I would NOT receive my Surface tomorrow. I even threatened to cancel to no avail.

Third call:

- I was told that the Surface would be delivered on 10/26. I argued (again) that I was given conflicting information the past two times. The rep apologized and said that they were doing their best but reiterated that I would receive my device tomorrow. I specifically asked the customer rep whether I should go to the MS store and buy a surface and she told me that my order would deliver tomorrow.

I am certain that if I call back, someone will tell me that my Surface will deliver in three weeks.

WTF??
If you ordered after the 24th I wont be surprised if you get it late.

toekramp

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Oct 25, 2012 16:06
At destination sort facility
DENVER, CO

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH GET TO ME PLEASE!!!

(they still haven't charged my card)

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Well I had the same results. Since 10/22 I chatted and called microsoft 6 times total.

1. Will be delivered by the 26th, no possibility of earlier or later
2. Will be shipped on the 26th with delivery on 29th - Nov 6th
3. Will be delivered on the 29th for certain.
4. Will take 2 - 3 weeks after shipping on the 26th.
5. Will be shipped on the 26th with delivery by the 31st via fed ex ground
6. A Supervisor told me it WILL BE DELIVERED BY THE 26th and they're contacting FedEx for me to verify (which they claimed they did).

Daegalus

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Things seem to be looking up. As of 1:15pm Alaska time, my shipment reached Anchorage Alaska. Then at 2:54pm Alaska time, It departed Anchorage. Hopefully, it should be in California by late tonight/early morning.

Hopefully with overnight shipping, it will be at my local post office and out for delivery tomorrow.

This was my status:

Oct 25, 2012 2:54 PM Departed FedEx location ANCHORAGE, AK
Oct 25, 2012 1:15 PM Arrived at FedEx location ANCHORAGE, AK
Oct 25, 2012 7:58 PM In transit SHANGHAI CN
Oct 25, 2012 7:39 PM International shipment release - Import SHANGHAI CN
Oct 24, 2012 7:09 PM Picked up SUZHOU CN Package received after FedEx cutoff
Oct 24, 2012 5:47 AM Shipment information sent to FedEx

Seems unlike other statuses posted, I skipped Japan and it went straight for Anchorage.

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Things seem to be looking up. As of 1:15pm Alaska time, my shipment reached Anchorage Alaska. Then at 2:54pm Alaska time, It departed Anchorage. Hopefully, it should be in California by late tonight/early morning.

Hopefully with overnight shipping, it will be at my local post office and out for delivery tomorrow.

This was my status:

Oct 25, 2012 2:54 PM Departed FedEx location ANCHORAGE, AK
Oct 25, 2012 1:15 PM Arrived at FedEx location ANCHORAGE, AK
Oct 25, 2012 7:58 PM In transit SHANGHAI CN
Oct 25, 2012 7:39 PM International shipment release - Import SHANGHAI CN
Oct 24, 2012 7:09 PM Picked up SUZHOU CN Package received after FedEx cutoff
Oct 24, 2012 5:47 AM Shipment information sent to FedEx

Seems unlike other statuses posted, I skipped Japan and it went straight for Anchorage.

Seems like our Surfaces are also travel partners! Mine departed Anchorage at the same timestamp. Hopefully mine gets to Miami on time :)

EDIT: And my HD Adapter just got to Miami, FL :D

srmiller82

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Seems like our Surfaces are also travel partners! Mine departed Anchorage at the same timestamp. Hopefully mine gets to Miami on time :)

EDIT: And my HD Adapter just got to Miami, FL :D
Mine also departed at the sametime, and mine is saying oct 29th, but it skipped japan alot of people were saying it was going through japan mine just showed in alaska out of the blue so technically it could still hit by tomorrow but maybe late, if nothing else i could pick it up tomorrow night if it hits the fedex facility, which is like 2 min from my house. Maybe microsoft even with lack of info will get it from china in 2 days!

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm also a travel partner, coming to Pennsylvania though, but same time stamps and location as yours. I have an Micro HDMI cable coming for amazon aswell! :D

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Let's keep our hopes up, srmiller82 and Flagz! Now I'm almost confident they'll arrive tomorrow. Maybe not in the morning, but tomorrow nonetheless.

I also have a microSDXC 64GB card coming from Amazon ;) That's one sitting pretty at Compton CA since Wednesday, according to their tracking service...

srmiller82

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
BTW i'm buying this RT because i wanna try it out like the touch cover and all that before i decided on a permanent tablet for windows 8 but i REALLY want the pro but i dont need 2 tablets so if anybody knows of anybody that wants a lightly used RT for discounted price than new let me know cause soon as pro comes and and if i end up liking the the surface i'm buying the pro. will be getting rid of RT, i just dont want to spend 1200+ on 2 tablets when i only need one if i my wife needed one i would keep it but she doesnt lol, but i'm still VERY EXCITED about getting it probably more so than the 920 im getting too lol.

MarcMaiden

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
wooohooo!

xEQsv.png

Still haven't been charged yet. Mine was also one of the ones that shipped from china and I have been tracking it by reference. It says it'll be here by 1030am - enough time for me to take it to starbucks and rub in all those fruit zombies faces!

nakilio

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm starting to be a bit worried... mine is still saying, ready for UPS.

And all of you guys seems to be right on schedule... T_T

karmamule

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Mine still says Processing, but when I check tracking it's already in the Fedex facility in East Boston! Looks like I'll definitely be getting mine tomorrow. :)

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
okay so this is a little scary... Somewhere along the way my surface package lost 2.5lbs cause it arrived in Baltimore weighing 4.1lbs

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12