Is your surface in process or has it shipped

cj-m

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
On a similar note, Windows 8 Pro also has an ETA of 26 Oct from Amazon, while the Windows 8 DVD for new builds has an ETA of 30 Oct.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
FWIW, if mine doesn't pop up as having shipped by tomorrow morning, I will probably cancel and run by the Scottsdale store on Friday. Contrary to some comments here, everything is still labeled as standard shipping which means UPS Ground. Unless a distribution hub is in AZ, or San Diego, or El Paso, ground will not reach Phoenix by Thursday night for Friday delivery if is not already out of the depot and on the hauler. Been there and one that and have dealt with that in the past - it just will not happen. For that matter, if it misses shipper cutoffs in the evening, it would not arrive here by Second Day Air either and I seriously doubt they are eating Second Day or Next Day costs.

Last edited:

MarcMaiden

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I have a theory and could be very wrong here, but maybe the main warehouse they are holding these in are in PA, but maybe they shipped a ton in bulk to a warehouse on the west coast (or different locations) and will ship from there tomorrow.

I am really hoping that's the case!

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I have a theory and could be very wrong here, but maybe the main warehouse they are holding these in are in PA, but maybe they shipped a ton in bulk to a warehouse on the west coast (or different locations) and will ship from there tomorrow.

I am really hoping that's the case!

Some reported theirs shipping from California. So I would imagine so.

rhalbert10

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I live in Seattle and mine is shipping from Harrisburg as well. No Cyan touch cover though...interesting...

UPDATE - Just got shipping notice for the Cyan Touch Cover!!! Yeah!!!

Last edited:

Gken

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Hoping

So, anyone here live in the middle of the pacific ocean? Because I do. Ordered it on the 16th with black touch cover. Still in process. Hoping its already at the UPS office and they are just holding inventory for microsoft.

Daegalus

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
SF Bay Area, mine is still in process. If I don't get anything by Noon tomorrow. I will open up a support chat and ask on the status.

I ordered mine Friday morning at 7 am, and the site stills said Deliver by the 26th till like 11am. I was charged almost immediately, and cleared. My Receipt says Delivered by the 26th too. So I really hope it gets here on Friday. There is a Microsoft Store 5 mins away that I could have gone to instead.

I sent it to my work, so I should be able to get it sometime on Friday by the mail guys. I doubt I will get anything on Thursday though, was hoping for a 1 day early surprise.

kane4fire

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Mine is shipping from PA. 3-day select. It will get here. It looks like they're willing to vary the delivery speed options like I said. It will more likely than not get to you on release day.

No promises though that it'll arrive in one piece :lol:

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Mine is shipping from PA. 3-day select. It will get here. It looks like they're willing to vary the delivery speed options like I said. It will more likely than not get to you on release day.

No promises though that it'll arrive in one piece :lol:

Just as a point of clarification, any 3 Day Select package that did not meet the regional cutoff time for pickup is really not guaranteed for Friday delivery. I have been there in the past with Dell, HP, and Nikon packages. I am not saying something will not arrive, just that contrary to their shipping PR, UPS shifts the guaranteed date to the following Monday if it was not literally shipped out today.

I actually would cancel at this point and pick up at the store but just realized they use digital river as the intermediary and I have had nothing but grief trying to get orders cancelled or modified with them in the past. In the Spring I ended up with two Nikon D7000 cameras, both billed to my credit card, when I tried to cancel an order. I also had to pay the return shipping on the duplicate order. In this case, it is totally my fault. I didn't pay attention to the fact that they were in the Surface process. If I had, I would never ordered online in the first place.

alaskanjackson

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
So, anyone here live in the middle of the pacific ocean? Because I do. Ordered it on the 16th with black touch cover. Still in process. Hoping its already at the UPS office and they are just holding inventory for microsoft.
In Alaska, everything I ordered except the 2 surface tabs is in process?

Rallicat

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
My order still says 'in process' (UK here).

My concern is that whilst I ordered in time to have a '26th October' delivery (confirmed on my original email receipt) - I then received that 'erroneous' shipping update saying it had slipped to 2nd November.

Now, I know that Microsoft then said this was not correct and orders would arrive by the original delivery day, but when I login to the Microsoft store and check the order history, it still shows 2nd November.

Does anyone else who got that 'incorrect' shipping update still see this?

--
Mark

Robert RT

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Germany here again, still in progress. Because of the size of germany I think I will get my tracking code tomorrow. Normally we get our shippings within the next day.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo