Is your surface in process or has it shipped

webwevers#WN

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
My surface shipped early yesterday morning with 3-day select and is scheduled to arrive Friday; however, my Cyan touch cover shipped this morning UPS ground and is scheduled to arrive on Monday... :( I hope UPS is wrong and it shows up Friday.

I ordered my surface 32GB without touch cover on the 16th right after they went on presale, I ordered a cyan touch cover and a VGA adaptor as well with my order. I have a tracking number for the surface system but the touch cover and vga adaptor still says processing. I called Microsoft yesterday and was told that my entire order will be delivered by the end of the day on the 26th. Hope so, touch cover and vga adaptor still says processing, Oh well well see in two days!

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
People need to realize that just because they haven't updated your order status, doesn't mean they don't have it sitting in a box with a shipping label.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
People need to realize that just because they haven't updated your order status, doesn't mean they don't have it sitting in a box with a shipping label.

oh I totally agree, but when people started reporting that reps were saying that it would still take 1-2 weeks, I started getting worried!

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Just got a confirmation that my 64g won't be delivered until next week. I had to drag it out of the Live Chat guy. And yes I ordered early on the 16th from States. He kept saying "it will be delivered AT Oct 26 and your CC will be billed on 26th". I know nothing gets shipped before payment has cleared. I didn't quite understand what he meant. So I responded "So it will be next week before I get my device that clearly states on invoice delivered by Oct 26". And got and quick reply of "Yes." The play on words from invoice all the way to this guy has me more that a little upset. This is why Apple kicks MS all over the playground with new hardware. Apple knows how to get it done and MS is just stumbling in the dark.

I am going to preface this with the statement that Apple is not actually much better and Google is infinitely worse. With that said, however, I just cancelled my order after speaking to customer service. I told the person that the reason I was cancelling was that it was Wednesday of the week of delivery; the purchase was still only listed as a pending charge by my bank; the status had not been updated on the account web page; and I had not received a tracking number. The person took a second to check her screen and then said that 1) she understood, and 2) she would cancel the order for me. About a minute later, I had a cancellation number. Quite frankly, it was all very polite and professional but there was no effort at all to claim that the package was going to be shipped/delivered on time. On my front, I will just swing by the Scottsdale store on Friday morning.

I really have to say that anyone who is contacting customer support about status should not just take the person's word if they just confirm 10/26. You should ask them to update your order history to reflect a change in shipping method to accommodate two-day or overnight delivery. If they cannot do that then there is no guarantee. I have been down that route before with multiple retailers and they just end up blaming the shipper when it doesn't arrive on time. It like blaming congress or a president or any politician for X, Y, or Z - many people will accept blame directed at a shipper because it is so often true.

People should keep in mind that if the person only confirms what the status page already says and does not update the information to reflect a change in shipping, they are really just reading from a script. On my end I knew it had not yet gotten anywhere close to shipping because I am part of program with UPS whereby they immediately email me a shipping notification as soon as a tracking number is assigned to my address. This happens before there are even any details on the package. These notifications always arrive well in advance of the retailer informing me that some thing has "shipped." As the order hadn't even made it way out of the processing starting blocks, that made it very unlikely it would be processed for shipping today and I consider it extremely unlikely they will really overnight anything tomorrow. Given the person didn't even suggest that might happen, I have no doubt that delivery was actually going to be next week.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

Actually, quite the opposite is usually true. If a charge has not changed from pending to actual, and your purchase is still listed as having standard shipping, they are not guaranteeing anything. This is a simple enough dbms in the case. Once it has a shipping label, which represents a contractual agreement between the shipper and retailer, the status should change in the system. You might not get an email saying it has shipped, or that it will be shipped for delivery on XXXXX date, but the system has been updated, the status should be updated to reflect the change. Tracking numbers come with the shipping label and it all happens electronically before the product is anywhere close to being on a pallet - none of it is manual. No charge + no status change + no tracking number + no revision in shipping method from standard = no guarantee.

MrTimSmith

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site

Well, not EVERYONE will get it on the 26th that was told they'll get it then. There will be delays for some. It's impossible to avoid. So some people (myself included) are reasonably paranoid.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Well, not EVERYONE will get it on the 26th that was told they'll get it then. There will be delays for some. It's impossible to avoid. So some people (myself included) are reasonably paranoid.

Well yea. The order page itself updated to reflect this. I am referring to the people who ordered it prior to that.

Unless there was some sort of billing issue, you should get it on the 26th if you ordered it prior to the backorder.

CyclingNut

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
you dont understand pal! Like i need this now! Im freeeeaaakin out!

Lol. I understand. It's fun to watch everyone get so excited. I'm just giving Microsoft the benefit of the doubt that they know what they're doing. I'm sure this thread on Friday will turn into everyone calling UPS to find the exact time of day for delivery. :)

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Lol. I understand. It's fun to watch everyone get so excited. I'm just giving Microsoft the benefit of the doubt that they know what they're doing. I'm sure this thread on Friday will turn into everyone calling UPS to find the exact time of day for delivery. :)
oh i know my exact time! Its always the same with UPS. 9:30 pm

Opera Ghost

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Wow. Overreact much? Cancelling your order because two days before your supposed to get it because they haven't shipped it yet. I understand, trust me. We all want to get our hands on these and if I KNEW I could get one at the MS Store I would probably cancel my preorder too. Now, I have checked my account over and over hoping to see "shipped" appear. But I'm going to give MS a chance to live up to their promised delivery date.

Now...if I could just find out about the NL920!!

OG

atlbuc

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Wow. Overreact much? Cancelling your order because two days before your supposed to get it because they haven't shipped it yet. I understand, trust me. We all want to get our hands on these and if I KNEW I could get one at the MS Store I would probably cancel my preorder too. Now, I have checked my account over and over hoping to see "shipped" appear. But I'm going to give MS a chance to live up to their promised delivery date.

Now...if I could just find out about the NL920!!

OG

The problem is that I don't see my order on my account page. Is there a different order status page?

JSorter

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I am going to preface this with the statement that Apple is not actually much better and Google is infinitely worse. With that said, however, I just cancelled my order after speaking to customer service. I told the person that the reason I was cancelling was that it was Wednesday of the week of delivery; the purchase was still only listed as a pending charge by my bank; the status had not been updated on the account web page; and I had not received a tracking number. The person took a second to check her screen and then said that 1) she understood, and 2) she would cancel the order for me. About a minute later, I had a cancellation number. Quite frankly, it was all very polite and professional but there was no effort at all to claim that the package was going to be shipped/delivered on time. On my front, I will just swing by the Scottsdale store on Friday morning.

I really have to say that anyone who is contacting customer support about status should not just take the person's word if they just confirm 10/26. You should ask them to update your order history to reflect a change in shipping method to accommodate two-day or overnight delivery. If they cannot do that then there is no guarantee. I have been down that route before with multiple retailers and they just end up blaming the shipper when it doesn't arrive on time. It like blaming congress or a president or any politician for X, Y, or Z - many people will accept blame directed at a shipper because it is so often true.

People should keep in mind that if the person only confirms what the status page already says and does not update the information to reflect a change in shipping, they are really just reading from a script. On my end I knew it had not yet gotten anywhere close to shipping because I am part of program with UPS whereby they immediately email me a shipping notification as soon as a tracking number is assigned to my address. This happens before there are even any details on the package. These notifications always arrive well in advance of the retailer informing me that some thing has "shipped." As the order hadn't even made it way out of the processing starting blocks, that made it very unlikely it would be processed for shipping today and I consider it extremely unlikely they will really overnight anything tomorrow. Given the person didn't even suggest that might happen, I have no doubt that delivery was actually going to be next week.

I've pre-ordered a lot of stuff (games, other tablets, phones). And actually what we're experiencing has happened a lot. I've had orders not show up on my card until THE DAY I received the items. I've not received tracking numbers until AFTER I've received my items. I've had items sent overnight when I was expecting ground. I don't even try to anticipate what will actually happen when I pre-order anymore :straight:

Either way we'll all know Friday (probably by tomorrow) what's up.

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
My HD Digital AV Adapter shipped (and just now I'm finding out I should have ordered the VGA adapter, since it's standard micro HDMI... sigh), but not my Surface RT.

Darn.

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't believe anything the Chat Techs say at this point. I don't think they know what is happening or they can't come right out and say. I will post my transcript later, but I finally drug it out of them that my 64 gig won't ship until 10/26. After I went round and round with them. They don't want people canceling orders and the 64g isn't ready to ship. At least that is my realistic best guess. My best guess so don't beat me up over it. I won't believe anything they say until I have a tracking number and I can verify delivery with third party. MS has really screwed this up.

rbf

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
please somebody give me the link to the live chats!

edit: nvm found the big button on the front page

DOUBLE EDIT POWERRRRR: she told me to call the Order Desk...
The best way I have found is to 'surf' the products and within about 60 seconds a 'chat' window will popup... I have never found a chat link to click. But I have done this several times and always gotten a chat window to pop up. ~ rbf

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo