Is your surface in process or has it shipped

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
I am a little nervous. The Live Chat rep told me it would come on the 26th, but I found my shipping number using the trick on the front page. and it says it will come on the 29th:

Ship date Oct 24, 2012
Estimated delivery Oct 29, 2012 by 10:30 AM
Oct 24, 2012 7:09 PM
Picked up
SUZHOU CNPackage received after FedEx cutoff

The last part worries me.

For what it's worth, the last part is also showing on mine that says that it'll be here on the 26th.

snailium

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Has any Canadian tried this trick?

I tried from Oct 22 to Oct 24, but got nothing.

Also, the reference number that Canadian store gave doesn't have the MS prefix.

I'm worrying about the delivery date now.

Daegalus

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Has any Canadian tried this trick?

I tried from Oct 22 to Oct 24, but got nothing.

Also, the reference number that Canadian store gave doesn't have the MS prefix.

I'm worrying about the delivery date now.
I saw this on the front page article, might work similarly for you?

OK for those of you in the UK goto ups site and ad click tracking
then click tracking by refrence
then rather than package or frieght click Mail Innovations
then fill the rest in.
although it will find it it might not show a delivery date as mine does not :D but at least i know its on its way

MrTimSmith

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
I think trying to prevent people from getting theirs a day or two early was a bad idea. Better early than late. But maybe they can pull off a miracle Friday. We'll see. :dry

MrTimSmith

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
I get limited information now from UPS. So I guess both FedEx and UPS are getting used. I hope UPS comes through and makes up for FedEx and gets it to me on Friday.

Stormwatch342

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I saw this on the front page article, might work similarly for you?

OK for those of you in the UK goto ups site and ad click tracking
then click tracking by refrence
then rather than package or frieght click Mail Innovations
then fill the rest in.
although it will find it it might not show a delivery date as mine does not :D but at least i know its on its way

I think you could enter any number here and it seems to "find" something.

"Your search found 1 package matching your package reference criteria. "

So I don't think this accurately tells you anything (Mail Innovations)

srmiller82

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I get limited information now from UPS. So I guess both FedEx and UPS are getting used. I hope UPS comes through and makes up for FedEx and gets it to me on Friday.
The mail innovations is not related to your package, i just checked on ups this is FLAT mail and stuff under 1lb and can be used by any shipper, which means your number is probably just matching another packaged shipped by UPS in that date range or something of that nature i think if it doesnt show under freight/package then its coming fedex not ups. I do sometimes get saturday delivery from fedex ik am surprised it would show 29th instead of saturday i mean if it missed the plane by 1 day it could still make saturday i would think, doesnt make sense to bump clear to monday from friday if your paying for overnight.

deezus

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I posted in the article on the front page. Heres what happened to me:

10/16-ordered a 32gb w/touch cover
10/18-cancelled 32gb w/touch cover and ordered a 64gb w/touch cover(delivery on 10/26)
10/21-called to confirm 32gb cancellation because I receieved no email cancellation. Was assured it would cancel.
10/24-used the trick to check fedex on 64gb tracking status, fedex said that it was shipped today and will receive it on the 29th!! I also tracked cancelled shipment-It never got cancelled and has an arrival date of 10/26!! My CC has not been charged at this time and I am waiting for a call back from level 3 tech support.

I am pissed, not only will I not receive my 64gb on the 26th they never cancelled the 32gb and are still shipping it to me and presumably will charge my card for both!! This is a CF of epic proportions....If It was going to be this difficult I would have lined up at the MS store!!

thelern

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I just contacted the store via the chat and they said there is a 99.99% chance I will get it by Friday even though it says delayed. We will see if not I will be calling them not happy for sure.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft is very confused, apparently I ordered 30 mins late for release day delivery. All emails and page said delivery by 26th though.

Dave: Thanks for contacting Microsoft Store Chat! How can I help you today?
You: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Dave: Hi!
Dave: That's a great question!
Dave: I'd be happy to help you with that today!
Dave: Just a moment while I look into that for you.
Dave: I show that will be delivered Friday the 26th
Dave: We will now ship it Fed Ex to guarantee that
Dave: So it will not be UPS, will be Fed Ex
Michael Montanez: I know, I'm looking @ the fedex website
Michael Montanez: I found my tracking number by looking it up by refrence
Michael Montanez: here is what it says. Oct 24, 2012 8:57 AM Shipment information sent to FedEx Oct 24, 2012 9:32 PMPicked upSUZHOU CNPackage received after FedEx cutoff
Dave: We are still guaranteeing that on Friday
Michael Montanez: Estimated delivery Oct 29, 2012 by 10:30 AM
Dave: If you feel you will not get it, I can transfer you to customer service.
Michael Montanez: Ok you are guaranteeing, what are you guaranteeing exactly? Trust?
Michael Montanez: If it doesn't come, then what are you going to do? Tell me it was FedEX's fault?
Dave: The information I have reflects a Friday delivery that is the information I have available to me
Dave: If you feel that is not consistent with information you have, I would suggest getting in contact with Customer Service
Michael Montanez: It says on the FedEX website that it missed the cutoff...
Dave: I am sales here
Dave: You can either call them, or I can transfer you.
Michael Montanez: ok well can you transfer me to customer serice.
Dave: Absolutely, transferring now
Please wait while I transfer the chat to the appropriate group.
Privacy Statement
You are now chatting with 'Nikki'.
Nikki: Hello, thank you for visiting Microsoft Store web site. My name is Nikki. How may I help you today?
Michael Montanez: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Nikki: Sorry to hear that your having issues with the order. I'll do what I can to provide you the best solution.
Nikki: Let me check this for you.
Nikki: Please give me 1-2 mins. Kindly stay online.
Michael Montanez: ok
Nikki: Thanks for waiting.
Michael Montanez: no problem
Nikki: As i checked the order here. the order was placed : Order Date: 10/19/12 2:52:24 PM CDT
Nikki: The cut off for the surface that will be delivered on or before Oct. 26 is Oct.14 - 19 2:30 PM CDT
Nikki: Since you didnt reach the cut off. The product will be delivered within Oct. 27-30.

Last edited:

ironsoulreaver

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft is very confused, apparently I ordered 30 mins late for release day delivery. All emails and page said delivery by 26th though.

Dave: Thanks for contacting Microsoft Store Chat! How can I help you today?
You: Hi I ordered microsoft surface tablet, and you said it will be here BY THE 26th, I checked my shipping number and it said it won't get here to the 29th? Any thoughts? I NEED it by the 26th and that is the reason I preordered. My name is Micahel Montanez. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Dave: Hi!
Dave: That's a great question!
Dave: I'd be happy to help you with that today!
Dave: Just a moment while I look into that for you.
Dave: I show that will be delivered Friday the 26th
Dave: We will now ship it Fed Ex to guarantee that
Dave: So it will not be UPS, will be Fed Ex
Michael Montanez: I know, I'm looking @ the fedex website
Michael Montanez: I found my tracking number by looking it up by refrence
Michael Montanez: here is what it says. Oct 24, 2012 8:57 AM Shipment information sent to FedEx Oct 24, 2012 9:32 PMPicked upSUZHOU CNPackage received after FedEx cutoff
Dave: We are still guaranteeing that on Friday
Michael Montanez: Estimated delivery Oct 29, 2012 by 10:30 AM
Dave: If you feel you will not get it, I can transfer you to customer service.
Michael Montanez: Ok you are guaranteeing, what are you guaranteeing exactly? Trust?
Michael Montanez: If it doesn't come, then what are you going to do? Tell me it was FedEX's fault?
Dave: The information I have reflects a Friday delivery that is the information I have available to me
Dave: If you feel that is not consistent with information you have, I would suggest getting in contact with Customer Service
Michael Montanez: It says on the FedEX website that it missed the cutoff...
Dave: I am sales here
Dave: You can either call them, or I can transfer you.
Michael Montanez: ok well can you transfer me to customer serice.
Dave: Absolutely, transferring now
Please wait while I transfer the chat to the appropriate group.
Privacy Statement
You are now chatting with 'Nikki'.
Nikki: Hello, thank you for visiting Microsoft Store web site. My name is Nikki. How may I help you today?
Michael Montanez: Hi I ordered a Microsoft Surface Tablet, and you said it will be here BY THE 26th, I checked my shipping number and it said it won't get here to the 29th? It clearly states that it missed the FedEX cutoff date. Any thoughts? I NEED it by the 26th and that is the reason I preordered. My name is Micahel Montanez.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Nikki: Sorry to hear that your having issues with the order. I'll do what I can to provide you the best solution.
Nikki: Let me check this for you.
Nikki: Please give me 1-2 mins. Kindly stay online.
Michael Montanez: ok
Nikki: Thanks for waiting.
Michael Montanez: no problem
Nikki: As i checked the order here. the order was placed : Order Date: 10/19/12 2:52:24 PM CDT
Nikki: The cut off for the surface that will be delivered on or before Oct. 26 is Oct.14 - 19 2:30 PM CDT
Nikki: Since you didnt reach the cut off. The product will be delivered within Oct. 27-30.
Might want to edit out your order number/card/Email/Tracking number, otherwise I will call Fedex and have it rerouted to my house.;)

grking1234

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
You are all lucky

I ordered mine on the 16th, about 15 minutes after the site went live. I have the email confirmation, with delivery for the 26th.

I called customer service today because I had not heard anything. The order is in process, they have no shipping information, and have no idea when it will be shipped. The fedex trick says they have no information about the order at this time.

The person told me that if I do not receive an email today or tomorrow morning, there is a chance I will have to wait 3 weeks for the next batch.

Needless to say, if that happens, I cancel the order and just get a Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet 2 running on an Atom chip.

mattgrif

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm starting to get a bit worried about mine arriving. I ordered mine on Oct. 16th at 4:30PM, I spoke with Customer Service earlier and they told me I'd receive the shipping information when it leaves the warehouse; however I see everyone's seems to be leaving from China and I can't imagine a next day shipment from China to my house happening. I've tried the trick tracking by reference number and nothing is showing up on either the UPS or FedEx site. I'm located in USA (Indiana)

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Someone is probably already going to reroute it now lol xD FML. Other note, here's the chat with supervisor.

Carlos: Hi Michael, this is Carlos one of the supervisor at microsoft store.
Carlos: How can I help you today?
Michael Montanez: Hi Carlos
Michael Montanez: I have a few questions and complaints.
Michael Montanez: I ordered the Windows Surface tablet for release date delivery, and when I ordered it I got an email stating it will be delivered by the 26th, it also said on MS Store page that it will be delivered by the 26th.
Carlos: I see, I'll be more than happy to listen to your questions and complaints.
Michael Montanez: I also had almost a conversation a day wtih chat and phone reps sue to not being emailed a tracking number, with all them reassuring me it will be delivered by the 26th, including a chat with Dave saying it WILL BE HERE on friday just moments ago.
Michael Montanez: Then I ask why it said it will be delivered on the 29th and he continued to assure me it WILL be delivered on the 26th. Then when he transferred me, Nikki checked into it and said it will be at my doorstep on the 29th.
Carlos: I'm currently looking on your order right now
Carlos: please give me 1 - 2 minutes to do further checking on this
Carlos: is that okay with you?
Michael Montanez: yep no problem
Carlos: thank you
Carlos: Thank you for waiting.
Michael Montanez: Yep no problem
Carlos: I see now the reason why this order date had move on the 29 Oct.
Michael Montanez: Ok....?
Carlos: As I see here on our records that your order number together with the date as well that it will be ship out and deliver on the 26 Oct. which is the release date.
Michael Montanez: Yes, correct, that's what I wanted...
Carlos: we apologize for the confusion on your order
Carlos: But definitely you will get this on the 10/26
Michael Montanez: Ok thank you!
Carlos: You're very much welcome!

Microsoft is confused. Well here's to hoping it DOES come friday.:lol:

mattgrif

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Someone is probably already going to reroute it now lol xD FML. Other note, here's the chat with supervisor.

Carlos: Hi Michael, this is Carlos one of the supervisor at microsoft store.
Carlos: How can I help you today?
Michael Montanez: Hi Carlos
Michael Montanez: I have a few questions and complaints.
Michael Montanez: I ordered the Windows Surface tablet for release date delivery, and when I ordered it I got an email stating it will be delivered by the 26th, it also said on MS Store page that it will be delivered by the 26th.
Carlos: I see, I'll be more than happy to listen to your questions and complaints.
Michael Montanez: I also had almost a conversation a day wtih chat and phone reps sue to not being emailed a tracking number, with all them reassuring me it will be delivered by the 26th, including a chat with Dave saying it WILL BE HERE on friday just moments ago.
Michael Montanez: Then I ask why it said it will be delivered on the 29th and he continued to assure me it WILL be delivered on the 26th. Then when he transferred me, Nikki checked into it and said it will be at my doorstep on the 29th.
Carlos: I'm currently looking on your order right now
Carlos: please give me 1 - 2 minutes to do further checking on this
Carlos: is that okay with you?
Michael Montanez: yep no problem
Carlos: thank you
Carlos: Thank you for waiting.
Michael Montanez: Yep no problem
Carlos: I see now the reason why this order date had move on the 29 Oct.
Michael Montanez: Ok....?
Carlos: As I see here on our records that your order number together with the date as well that it will be ship out and deliver on the 26 Oct. which is the release date.
Michael Montanez: Yes, correct, that's what I wanted...
Carlos: we apologize for the confusion on your order
Carlos: But definitely you will get this on the 10/26
Michael Montanez: Ok thank you!
Carlos: You're very much welcome!

Microsoft is confused. Well here's to hoping it DOES come friday.:lol:

At least you can track yours... mine is MIA even when trying reference and all the customer support could tell me is that I'd receive tracking information when it left warehouse.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb