Is your surface in process or has it shipped

mattgrif

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Never pre-ordering from Microsoft's online store again. This is a complete and total cluster.

As with most others, I ordered within the first few minutes of orders going live on the 16th. But, my Surface is still in China as of this post, and my card hasn't been charged, and estimated delivery is the 29th. Unacceptable.
I wouldn't call this a cluster just yet, keep in mind we are all speculating until Friday comes and goes we have no idea on how this experience will play out.

Also as a side note I received my tracking information at 1:38AM this morning, when I track the package it says the label has been printed and it's being shipped next day air; no details on where it is coming from yet.

srmiller82

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't call this a cluster just yet, keep in mind we are all speculating until Friday comes and goes we have no idea on how this experience will play out.

Also as a side note I received my tracking information at 1:38AM this morning, when I track the package it says the label has been printed and it's being shipped next day air; no details on where it is coming from yet.
Its coming from china. Everybody that has had shipping into came from china.

Jubei700

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
(UK) Can people pre-fix posts with their location as I think all us European guys keep getting excited for nothing.....

I too have been told I will get it by the 30th of October, which is a bit of a pisser, and I probably won't be home so make that 31st :-(
UK: Check here for forum discussion specifically on UK shipping issues.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/surface-windows-rt/199351.htm

As yet I have no shipping info, not been charged, and my online order details still say 02/11/2012, although MS customer services confirmed I would get it either 26th or 30th, which is only one working day late, but frustrating as i won't be home to receive it :(

ljack112

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Extremely disappointed in MS right now. You would think that losing ground to apple in the mobile computing market and struggling in the phone market would make them sure things up.

The thing that I am most upset about is the guy telling me on the phone that no surface tablets are being shipped out to customers before the 26th and the earliest you can expect to see them would be 3 days after. I am happy for those of you who are getting your tablets tomorrow, however, this makes me feel like the company lied to me on top of not meeting the original commitment. I would have been ok with shipping delays if they would have said that only some orders could be delivered by 10/26 -insert any reason here- because all companies can have these issues. But to lie? That's not good and I won't throw my money to a company that l know does this. I want to see this platform succeed (love metro and competition is good for everyone) but it will have to do it without my support from here on out.

ljack112

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Not trying to be rude but many of us have heard directly from Microsoft that surface tablets (good percentage) will not be delivered on 10/26 like promised. I think this is going to be the type of negative situation (cluster) Microsoft needed to avoid.

It could be way worse than it is but I think as a company shipping its own hardware Microsoft needed to avoid this. They are not apple they do not have 5 million people waiting to buy their phone/ tablets on the first weekend it's released.

Thryon

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Not a happy camper. Like most of you, I ordered on 10/16. Mine appears to have shipped from China via FedEx.

Update: Has not left China as of 8AM - Boooo
Do not dispair. My wife works for UPS and it amazes me that something in China can arrive on my doorsteps the next day if the shipper paid for that service.

Not saying you will get your Surface tomorrow, just saying it is technically possible that you may receive it tomorrow (depends on what type of service MS paid for).

spyderzWPC

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I am keeping my fingers crossed but I ordered it the first day and I still have yet to get a shipping confirmation or even get billed... hope it gets here

wpb211

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Do not dispair. My wife works for UPS and it amazes me that something in China can arrive on my doorsteps the next day if the shipper paid for that service.

Not saying you will get your Surface tomorrow, just saying it is technically possible that you may receive it tomorrow (depends on what type of service MS paid for).

I appreciate the optimism and am hoping for good things. But the FedEx site is what is telling me not to expect it until 10/29 which suggests overnight shipping was not paid for.

In any case, I will be disappointed through the weekend but back to loving it on Monday - I expect.

anon(5324511)

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Ha ha!! I just went to check on mine on the surface website and all 3 are listed as Pre-order now for delivery by 10/26 again hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

Must have been cache or something, they are back to normal!! lol!!

Last edited:

rossc007

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Pre-ordered mine on the 16th, been eagerly watching this thread ever since. Just spoke to customer service, said they weren't shipping until tomorrow so I cancelled my order. I'm disgusted, really losing faith in MS.

thelern

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
It appears after talking to Microsoft on the orders that missed the cut off, we will be getting them by ups instead of fedex as it appears they are recovering from the missed the cut off error. I hope he was telling me the truth.

CyclingNut

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
LOL at the people cancelling their orders because it might not arrive tomorrow...Seriously people, come on. You obviously want the device. Surely you can wait a few extra days. Upgrade your computers to Windows 8 tomorrow, play with the new apps which are launching tomorrow, and be patient.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
It appears after talking to Microsoft on the orders that missed the cut off, we will be getting them by ups instead of fedex as it appears they are recovering from the missed the cut off error. I hope he was telling me the truth.

Alot of us were getting it from UPS from the getgo.

LOL at the people cancelling their orders because it might not arrive tomorrow...Seriously people, come on. You obviously want the device. Surely you can wait a few extra days. Upgrade your computers to Windows 8 tomorrow, play with the new apps which are launching tomorrow, and be patient.

I just hope those who cancelled because they have to wait one business day longer, shut up and stop posting in the RT forum. It's embarrassing. They are acting like small children. Like the adults that push and shove on Black Friday to get a portal dvd player at wal-mart.

ljkelley

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I just want to let people know that my HDMI Adaptor first said delivery for Monday but without me even calling Microsoft it has been magically updated to be delivered tomorrow (as well as my Surface in another package).

Microsoft is working hard to get these to people, we should be happy that preorders where such a success. Even if a little mismanaged.

Scheduled For Early Delivery On:
Friday, 10/26/2012
Originally Scheduled For Delivery On:
Monday, 10/29/2012

ibbyj

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I can't believe what I am reading here.

"Losing Faith"

"Canceling"

"Cluster"

Guys, calm down. You sound like you're waiting for a life saving injection.

It's a tablet.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I still haven't received any tracking info or been billed yet... But I tracked my package with the reference number and it went from china to Japan to Alaska and this morning at just after 12 it left Alaska and is god knows where. But im on schedule for delivery by 10:20 tomorrow!

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I've never seen so many people *****ing about something so inconsequential.

You act like they're delivering some cancer curing elixir and if you don't get it ON THE DAY, you'll drop dead from your ailment.

Get over it! You're freaking out that you're not going to get it on the 26th, and it's not even the 26th yet! Why don't you save your little hissy fits for the day of when you'll actually determine if it shows up or not.

And if it doesn't show up - take a freaking chill pill - you'll have it Monday.

God, I've never seen so much stupid in my life. :straight:

atlbuc

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I still haven't received any tracking info or been billed yet... But I tracked my package with the reference number and it went from china to Japan to Alaska and this morning at just after 12 it left Alaska and is god knows where. But im on schedule for delivery by 10:20 tomorrow!

Same here.

MarcMaiden

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Using the reference tracking,
I can see my package already hit Alaska

Kind of cool if you think about it - From the factories of China straight to Japan then all the way to Alaska before it gets to me here in Sunny California...I hope my new toy wasn't too cold on this trip.

The only interesting thing is that I have not been charged yet for it. I haven't received the shipping confirmation either, but now that it is on US soil I'd assume I'd hear something soon.

I wonder when they will re charge me (they had the hold on my card up until yesterday)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb