Is your surface in process or has it shipped

apoc527

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Adverse weather conditions in Ontario, CA

Well this is hilarious (not). I just went to check the tracking progress and now it says that due to "adverse weather conditions" in Ontaria freaking California, which is like right next to LA that delivery could be delayed.

The good news, I suppose, is that now my Surface and Touch Cover are in the same city.

For those curious, I looked it up--there are indeed dangerously high winds in Ontario, CA through Saturday night.

But really, can you blame MS for high winds in California? Not really.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Saw that what a tease
i replied to their email

"I ALREADY GOT DAM THE THING! SEND ME THE SHIPPING INFO! please!"

maybe that's all we had to do? I'll be waiting for their response.

EDIT:

"This is an unmonitored address informing you that we have received your e-mail. We do not respond to any inquiries delivered to this e-mail address."

well this is embarrassing ...

Last edited:

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Just chatted with a MSFT Answers Tech on the website.

If anyone is still in the same boat as me (Pre-ordered on 16th, still no shipping info) they confirmed that our stuff will be shipped today and be at our doors tomorrow

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Just got my shipping notice email. Whoo (=

Unfortunately doesn't track anything yet but nice to know my order wasn't bungled somehow and that I'll at least be receiving it

AtomicAgeZombie

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
This is what I'm getting now...

A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated.

atlbuc

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Got my shipping notice.

"Thank you for ordering from Microsoft on 10/16/2012. The following product(s) have shipped. If you paid by credit card, your credit card has now been charged."

Even though my credit card has not been charged

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Got my shipping notice.

"Thank you for ordering from Microsoft on 10/16/2012. The following product(s) have shipped. If you paid by credit card, your credit card has now been charged."

Even though my credit card has not been charged

They typically wait for it to be scanned in my UPS.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Well this is hilarious (not). I just went to check the tracking progress and now it says that due to "adverse weather conditions" in Ontaria freaking California, which is like right next to LA that delivery could be delayed.

The good news, I suppose, is that now my Surface and Touch Cover are in the same city.

For those curious, I looked it up--there are indeed dangerously high winds in Ontario, CA through Saturday night.

Are you sure that is Ontario California & not Ontario in Canada? I ask because the abbreviation for Canada is also CA.

Daegalus

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
So i just got off the phone with some tech support girl. She confirmed with me multiple times that it will be here tomorrow, regardless that my shipping info says the 29th. She also said that they have information in their system that all orders 16-24th will show up tomorrow.

Though she did say she didn't see any shipping info on my order in the system, and she was a bit confused that I had a fedex tracking number. But she put me on hold for 10 mins and when to talk to someone, she came back and she apologizes for the confusion by Fedex but to be rest assured that it will show up tomorrow.

She gave me a case number and everything.

Maybe Fedex only ships to like Japan/US and from there its taken over by UPS? I dunno.

tinasious

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Just chatted with a MSFT Answers Tech on the website.

If anyone is still in the same boat as me (Pre-ordered on 16th, still no shipping info) they confirmed that our stuff will be shipped today and be at our doors tomorrow

So i just got off the phone with some tech support girl. She confirmed with me multiple times that it will be here tomorrow, regardless that my shipping info says the 29th. She also said that they have information in their system that all orders 16-24th will show up tomorrow.

Though she did say she didn't see any shipping info on my order in the system, and she was a bit confused that I had a fedex tracking number. But she put me on hold for 10 mins and when to talk to someone, she came back and she apologizes for the confusion by Fedex but to be rest assured that it will show up tomorrow.

She gave me a case number and everything.

Maybe Fedex only ships to like Japan/US and from there its taken over by UPS? I dunno.

Good to know. So i guess i will get it tomorrow too. :D

peternoble2012

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Mine is in Memphis, been in import whatever for most of the day and is still due Friday morning. My MS account still has it just processing and my card has not been deducted even though it's meant to be when shipped. The sale order number information is correct, so is the city but kind of strange it weighs 6.6 pounds...do you think they are sending us early adopters a present?

What's so exciting is how I have not been charged? Maybe we get a surface for free? After all 90% of all pundits hate Surface RT and say MSFT is dead but just does not know it yet.

Anyway, tomorrow, I hope when I power up, it powers up unlike my HP.

tyrok

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Meh. What is the point of a tracking number on a UPS Next Day Air package if the tracking info "may take as long as 24 hours to appear?" I have faith that its going to get here tomorrow but the tracking wont show anything until its out for delivery.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers