Is your surface in process or has it shipped

pstork

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
For those of you who are in the US. There may still be hope for those with no tracking info. I placed my order for a Surface (no cover) during the first hour on the 16th. As of this morning it still showed as "In Process" and I was unable to get any tracking info using the order number on either FedEx or UPS. About 10 AM I got an email from MS that my surface had shipped via UPS. When I checked the tracking number in UPS it just showed as a "label had been created". When I checked again a few minutes ago it showed that my surface had left the Harrisburg, PA facility and would be delivered tomorrow by Close of Business. Evidently a lot of orders were drop shipped to UPS holding facilities and then sent out in the last day or so in time for delivery tomorrow. That's why there was no tracking until now. But it looks like mine will arrive tomorrow sometime. :cool:

Getintothegame

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm a little worried. Despite what everyone is saying, mine is still in "China" as of today. It has an estimated arrival of the 29th. While it really isn't too major, I would have liked Microsoft to honor their "Delivery by 10/26" when I ordered.

I will stay optimistic and wait for it tomorrow... patiently.

mattgrif

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
For those of you who are in the US. There may still be hope for those with no tracking info. I placed my order for a Surface (no cover) during the first hour on the 16th. As of this morning it still showed as "In Process" and I was unable to get any tracking info using the order number on either FedEx or UPS. About 10 AM I got an email from MS that my surface had shipped via UPS. When I checked the tracking number in UPS it just showed as a "label had been created". When I checked again a few minutes ago it showed that my surface had left the Harrisburg, PA facility and would be delivered tomorrow by Close of Business. Evidently a lot of orders were drop shipped to UPS holding facilities and then sent out in the last day or so in time for delivery tomorrow. That's why there was no tracking until now. But it looks like mine will arrive tomorrow sometime. :cool:

Mine is leaving from same place, expected arrival by 10:30 AM Friday!

apoc527

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Mine is still stuck in Ontario, California dealing with adverse weather conditions. Doesn't UPS know that they can just attach wheels to it and skateboard over on the thing? I know I can't be the only one whose Surface is stuck in Ontario--but I have hope it will get here.

NorthGuy798

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Has any Canadian tried this trick?

I tried from Oct 22 to Oct 24, but got nothing.

Also, the reference number that Canadian store gave doesn't have the MS prefix.

I'm worrying about the delivery date now.

No luck in Canada. Called Microsoft and they assured me it would arrive on the 26th.... wait and see (of course like many of us, it will arrive at my home while I'm at work). At least if I had a shipping notice with tracking number, I'd have a time to expect and plan accordingly.

Microsoft.... you have so much to learn.

SurfaceRT

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Went to Fedex and tracked by reference the order number minus "MS" and looks like I will get the Surface by 10:30 AM tomorrow morning. I live in Memphis and its in Memphis already. I just dont understand why Microsoft didnt give me the tracking number in the first place. The tracking number have been available since Tuesday when it was picked up from the factory in SUZHOU China.

Below is what the tracking information looks like on fedex:

Oct 25, 2012 3:01 PM In transit MEMPHIS, TN
Oct 25, 2012 10:16 AM International shipment release - Import MEMPHIS, TN
Oct 25, 2012 10:00 AM Arrived at FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN
Oct 25, 2012 12:56 AM Departed FedEx location ANCHORAGE, AK
Oct 24, 2012 11:43 PM Arrived at FedEx location ANCHORAGE, AK
Oct 25, 2012 10:18 AM In transit NARITA-SHI JP
Oct 25, 2012 2:22 AM In transit SHANGHAI CN
Oct 25, 2012 2:22 AM International shipment release - Import SHANGHAI CN
Oct 24, 2012 3:00 AM At local FedEx facility SHANGHAI CN
Oct 23, 2012 10:00 PM At local FedEx facility SHANGHAI CN
Oct 22, 2012 11:26 PM Shipment information sent to FedEx
Oct 23, 2012 11:41 AM Picked up SUZHOU CN Package received after FedEx cutoff
Oct 23, 2012 11:37 AM Left FedEx origin facility SUZHOU CN

NorthGuy798

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Pre-ordered mine on the 16th, been eagerly watching this thread ever since. Just spoke to customer service, said they weren't shipping until tomorrow so I cancelled my order. I'm disgusted, really losing faith in MS.
I would HIGHLY suggest that this Microsoft mess not go unreported.

All you need to do is go to any of the popular sites (The Verge, All Things D, MacRumors, etc) and send them an email with the link to this page. Of course, wait until Friday to see if plenty of people REALLY don't get their orders. I'm sure many will jump over this story. The end result should be that Microsoft provides an apology to those put out.

toekramp

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
No luck in Canada. Called Microsoft and they assured me it would arrive on the 26th.... wait and see (of course like many of us, it will arrive at my home while I'm at work). At least if I had a shipping notice with tracking number, I'd have a time to expect and plan accordingly.

Microsoft.... you have so much to learn.

if they shipped fedex you can change your delivery location. I have mine being delivered to a 24 Hour FedEx/Kinkos about 2 miles from my home.

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
My Surface departed Shanghai, China at 7:52 p.m. (local) and is now in Anchorage, AK (FedEx) at 1:15 p.m. local time. It still says it'll be delivered Oct 29th. I stilll got hope for delivery tomorrow, though it's a tough one having to come down to Miami.

My HD adapter, on the other hand, is now in Louisville, KY. That one used to say Mon 29th but is now scheduled for "early delivery" tomorrow at the end of day.

EDIT:

Mine's in Alaska !!!

Still a chance i get it tomorrow then ?

Seems like yours and mine are travel partners! :lol:

Last edited:

tinasious

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Mine was in Alaska this morning and has already reached Memphis, gone through customs and headed out to Denver! Yours definitely can make it through!

Good to know :)

My Surface departed Shanghai, China at 7:52 p.m. (local) and is now in Anchorage, AK (FedEx) at 1:15 p.m. local time. It still says it'll be delivered Oct 29th. I stilll got hope for delivery tomorrow, though it's a tough one having to come down to Miami.

My shipment times are the same. Lets hope for the best :D

IsYet

Jul 17, 2008
Visit site
Mine finally made it to the States. It's in Alaska now.

I wonder if all this confusion is because our orders are mixed up into batches and what we see as our order making it's way is actually just some random set of Surfi coming into fill or refill warehouses in the Home Countries?

They might get split out again after getting closer to home and our orders might actually be coming from some near-to-home warehouse that has them already?

That might explain the lack of tracking numbers, etc.

Hope mine makes it tomorrow. I watched the kickoff today and am more excited about the Surface than ever.:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb