Gang-
    I keep reading various posts and articles and news items about Win 8 apps and the Windows 8 app count and the Windows 8 app Store. Where is it? I can't find it anywhere on the Web and yet people keep taking about apps they have seen in it. Am I losing it?

Help.

Thanks

-Doc
    10-21-2012 10:43 PM
    While you can get numbers from a variety of sources, you need to be running the Windows 8 RTM to see all of the current apps. I do run Windows 8 RTM and most apps I have found are x86, x64, and ARM compatible.
    Dr. Impossible likes this.
    10-21-2012 10:53 PM
    Gang-
    I keep reading various posts and articles and news items about Win 8 apps and the Windows 8 app count and the Windows 8 app Store. Where is it? I can't find it anywhere on the Web and yet people keep taking about apps they have seen in it. Am I losing it?
    ??? It's in Windows 8. There's an app called "Store". Click on it, and there you are.
    10-21-2012 10:55 PM
    ??? It's in Windows 8. There's an app called "Store". Click on it, and there you are.
    That is only true if you are running the Windows 8 RTM. The release preview and consumer preview have been locked out of seeing new apps going live for quite some time.
    10-21-2012 10:59 PM

I don't know why you had to give such a cutting answer.

The reason I asked is, I can access Windows Phone apps and Zune (well not anymore) apps outside of using the actual device or program, and since I keeping reading about 'this or that W8 app in the store' I thought there may be a way to view them or access the store outside of having windows 8 running.

Sorry to offend your delicate sensibilities with my idiocy.

Thanks

-Doc
    10-22-2012 09:47 AM
    I don't know why you had to give such a cutting answer.

The reason I asked is, I can access Windows Phone apps and Zune (well not anymore) apps outside of using the actual device or program, and since I keeping reading about 'this or that W8 app in the store' I thought there may be a way to view them or access the store outside of having windows 8 running.

Sorry to offend your delicate sensibilities with my idiocy.

Thanks

-Doc
    It looks like apps.microsoft.com will go live eventually, but this what it will look like:

Mail, Calendar, People, and Messaging app for Windows in the Windows Store Preview

Music app for Windows in the Windows Store Preview
    Dr. Impossible likes this.
    10-22-2012 11:06 AM
    That is only true if you are running the Windows 8 RTM. The release preview and consumer preview have been locked out of seeing new apps going live for quite some time.
    I didn't know that. I've been running RTM since it was released.

Not completely sure why they don't have the app store available on the web; I'm assuming they don't want people to notice how barren it is.
    10-22-2012 11:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD