the_thunderbird

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
For those of us who cannot order online (address issue) and are not near a pop-up store, will "normal" retailers be stocking the Surface?

This information seems to be hard to find, which makes me a bit concerned.

MoggSquad

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Not initially as far as I can tell. I read MS has concern of how retailers will display the Surface along with the training of their employees. The closest MS store for me is 3+ hours in Vegas. If they didn't have release date delivery, I would have had my g/f pick one up for me since she will be there this week.

the_thunderbird

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Interesting... and frustrating. Typically I am an early adopter but I got so burned on the PlayBook I want to try this thing out. I am 1200km from the closest MS store of any sort :s

I guess I will watch the comments that hopefully will flood in here over the weekend, read some reviews, and use a buddy's address to have one delivered.

Last edited:

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
For those of us who cannot order online (address issue) and are not near a pop-up store, will "normal" retailers be stocking the Surface?

This information seems to be hard to find, which makes me a bit concerned.

Simple answer is no. It will only be sold through Microsoft Stores and kiosks, and through the Microsoft online store. If it looks like a success, however, my bet is they might strike a deal for exclusive sales through some retailer. More often than not that would be BestBuy since they pumped a lot of money into the company in the past to keep it afloat. Just a guess on my part though....

Scout_313

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Despite the fact that I would have preferred to get my hands on a device before ordering, Microsoft does not and will not have a store in Michigan so I pre-ordered it. Out of curiosity, have you called Microsoft to see if there was any way to solve your address issue or is it something that cannot be helped?

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Other Windows tablets will be stocked though. At my local Best Buy they have the Asus on display. I know they have to have some in stock, but couldn't get them to sell me one. I may try later in the week, like Thursday night.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12