Surface Pro 7 deal! Save big at Amazon right now

11-02-2012 04:11 PM
750 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    Canvey island pls!!!!!!
    10-29-2012 09:55 AM
    My order was canceled this morning!! Poor me.
    10-29-2012 10:00 AM
    Next stop Chelmsford? Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You're from Chelmsford?! Oh snap, Great Baddow myself!
    10-29-2012 10:24 AM
    You're from Chelmsford?! Oh snap, Great Baddow myself!
    That'll be three of us waiting in Chelmsford then..... ;)
    Loz Blake likes this.
    10-29-2012 10:27 AM
    Anybody from Manchester?
    10-29-2012 10:30 AM
    As mentioned in a previous post, my order was cancelled after Microsoft tried to take my money twice, which my bank rightfully refused as a duplicate transaction.

I talked to support, told them that the initial payment is still authorised and it's their fault for not handing it properly. They admitted that there is a problem with their system and that several clients have complained about this. All these cases will be escalated and, they expect, satisfactorily resolved.

In my opinion, we should at least get a 100 voucher. Seeing as their erroneous cancellation made us wait for at least another 3 weeks, I would be more satisfyied with getting 150 off (50/week seems acceptable). In any case, we'd be mistaken for idiots if we accepted anything less that 100 for their mistake...

Anyone else agree with me on this one?
    10-29-2012 10:30 AM
    Still waiting in Manchester - a UPS van did pull up into our loading bay at lunchtime but made no deliveries to our office...
    10-29-2012 10:31 AM
    As mentioned in a previous post, my order was cancelled after Microsoft tried to take my money twice, which my bank rightfully refused as a duplicate transaction.

I talked to support, told them that the initial payment is still authorised and it's their fault for not handing it properly. They admitted that there is a problem with their system and that several clients have complained about this. All these cases will be escalated and, they expect, satisfactorily resolved.

In my opinion, we should at least get a 100 voucher. Seeing as their erroneous cancellation made us wait for at least another 3 weeks, I would be more satisfyied with getting 150 off (50/week seems acceptable). In any case, we'd be mistaken for idiots if we accepted anything less that 100 for their mistake...

No way you ll get 150
    10-29-2012 10:32 AM
    Still waiting in London, although not holding out much hope. they have only properly charged my card for the touch cover and not the actual device.

Oh well, another day won't kill me..... (Or will it?)
    10-29-2012 10:32 AM
    Still waiting in London, although not holding out much hope. they have only properly charged my card for the touch cover and not the actual device.
    At this point the charging is completely irrelevant. They either cancel your order or you're getting it for sure.
    10-29-2012 10:38 AM
    No way you ll get 150
    No way I'll settle for less that 100 either
    10-29-2012 10:39 AM
    That'll be three of us waiting in Chelmsford then..... ;)
    Just had a UPS delivery at my house, don't know if it's the Surface but not expecting any other UPS delivery so fingers crossed. Unfortunately I'm 25 miles away and won't be home until about 10pm..... could be a long night :)
    10-29-2012 10:43 AM
    No way I'll settle for less that 100 either
    Well, this 50 coupon they offered so far is pretty useless for me, I don't really want anything else from the store... maybe a different coloured touch cover. What would really be nice it to have this amount off of my order...
    10-29-2012 10:44 AM
    Has anyone in Yorkshire received theres yet?
    Last edited by lmckinley; 10-29-2012 at 10:50 AM. Reason: spelling
    10-29-2012 10:49 AM
    Well, this 50 coupon they offered so far is pretty useless for me, I don't really want anything else from the store... maybe a different coloured touch cover. What would really be nice it to have this amount off of my order...
    MS support told me that, most likely, I will be getting a new voucher. In that case, I might consider to place a new order for the surface, but, seriously, I'm not accepting anything less than 100.

Come on, people! They gave out 50 vouchers just for sending a wrong email. They care about their reputation. If they cancel orders because the customer's bank doesn't authorise a duplicate transaction (which is correct behaviour!), I can see this having a horrible effect on their reputation, especially after the entire "by the 26th, oh, no, wait, by the 2nd, oh, no, by the 30th" fiasco...
    10-29-2012 10:53 AM
    Just had a phone call from my daughter, Surface has arrived.
    (Finchley Central, North London)
    10-29-2012 10:56 AM
    Mine has just arrived in Leeds, woohoo!
    10-29-2012 11:00 AM

Definitely! 100 store credit to subsidise my new order, which will have to placed on Friday because that's how long the money will be reserved on my account for. Have they never charged cards before?! Very disappointing.
    10-29-2012 11:01 AM
    Has anyone in Yorkshire received theres yet?
    I'm even further north (tyneside). I'm guessing us northerners aren't allowed to have shiny new technology.
    10-29-2012 11:03 AM
    Leeds, that's the right end of the country at least!
    Sounds good! Waiting (im)patiently in East Lancs at the moment. Doesn't help that the guy down the street keeps coming and going in his truck...
    Sounds good! Waiting (im)patiently in East Lancs at the moment. Doesn't help that the guy down the street keeps coming and going in his truck...
    Im near Hull so I'm not sure if they will let get here today. UPS van doesn't usually arrive here untill around 4.00pm ish sometimes later on a Monday. Fingers are still crossed.
    10-29-2012 11:18 AM
    I'm even further north (tyneside). I'm guessing us northerners aren't allowed to have shiny new technology.
    Beat ya! I'm berwick area! ;)

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2
    10-29-2012 11:40 AM
    Mine has just arrived (Nottingham)
    10-29-2012 12:28 PM

I did, just because of its f'n fool double authorization.
    10-29-2012 12:30 PM
750 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD